It is currently: Jun 15, '24, 10:05 pm

Brock Lesnar: Not Done with WWE

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Brock Lesnar: Not Done with WWE

Postby lyonssv » Mar 24, '15, 4:50 pm

Straight from the man's mouth...

Brock Lesnar just had an exclusive interview on Sportscenter, stating he will NOT return to UFC, and has in fact resigned (last night) with WWE to return after this Wrestlemania.

So there's that.

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 13

Re: Brock Lesnar: Not Done with WWE

Postby lyonssv » Mar 24, '15, 4:51 pm

I think the possibility of Lesnar going over Roman Reigns at WM is a real possibility.

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 24, '15, 4:56 pm

Smart of them to announce this now, immediately ups the interest factor in the Main Event up a lot. Now there's a legit chance Lesnar wins and that's intriguing. Of course now Reigns will probably win anyway :P

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby Circled Square » Mar 24, '15, 5:18 pm

Lesnar takes Reigns' anal virginity at Wrestlemania. Book it.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 209

Postby CubsIn5 » Mar 24, '15, 6:30 pm

I'm excited for pretty much every match at Mania now (Rollins vs Orton feels kinda weak). Up until this I was really bummed that the main event was so lackluster.

CubsIn5 None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 14

Postby KaiserGlider » Mar 24, '15, 6:47 pm

"I work part-time with full-time pay. Like everybody wants, but you can't have. Just me."

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby The Legend » Mar 24, '15, 6:59 pm

Let me ask a completely serious question. I get that a lot of people aren't thrilled with Reigns, but does anyone think that Lesnar going over and continuing his absentee champion schtick is really a better alternative? Because I don't in the slightest. As far as I'm concerned, Reigns will have an immediate leg up on Lesnar comparing their runs as champ just because he'll actually be able to build stories and work as champion on a weekly basis.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby lyonssv » Mar 24, '15, 7:07 pm

The Legend wrote:Let me ask a completely serious question. I get that a lot of people aren't thrilled with Reigns, but does anyone think that Lesnar going over and continuing his absentee champion schtick is really a better alternative? Because I don't in the slightest. As far as I'm concerned, Reigns will have an immediate leg up on Lesnar comparing their runs as champ just because he'll actually be able to build stories and work as champion on a weekly basis.

Someone posted a rumor that Triple H was trying to convince Vince to let Lesnar go over Reigns and let US and the IC title have more emphasis and main event the shows and Lesnar would continue as the special attraction.

I think, if done correctly, this could work. I would be okay with giving it a shot. I've enjoyed Lesnar as champion. Put the US title on Cena and the IC title on Ambrose or Bryan and brig real legitimacy to those titles...I'm down.

I will add this: I have zero interest in reigns as champion. I've kept an open mind and tried to let him convince me otherwise...but he has not.

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Mar 24, '15, 7:55 pm

lyonssv wrote:
The Legend wrote:Let me ask a completely serious question. I get that a lot of people aren't thrilled with Reigns, but does anyone think that Lesnar going over and continuing his absentee champion schtick is really a better alternative? Because I don't in the slightest. As far as I'm concerned, Reigns will have an immediate leg up on Lesnar comparing their runs as champ just because he'll actually be able to build stories and work as champion on a weekly basis.

Someone posted a rumor that Triple H was trying to convince Vince to let Lesnar go over Reigns and let US and the IC title have more emphasis and main event the shows and Lesnar would continue as the special attraction.

I think, if done correctly, this could work. I would be okay with giving it a shot. I've enjoyed Lesnar as champion. Put the US title on Cena and the IC title on Ambrose or Bryan and brig real legitimacy to those titles...I'm down.

I will add this: I have zero interest in reigns as champion. I've kept an open mind and tried to let him convince me otherwise...but he has not.

Emphasizing the IC and US titles is exactly what they've done coming into Mania though and nobody seems to like that. I mean, the IC title is the most built match for all of Wrestlemania and Cena and Rusev are really the only other match where both guys have been consistently building their match. I'm all for boosting the credability of the midcard titles, but there's been too much damage done to their credability to think that the WWE is going to be able snap their fingers and make everyone treat those belts like big deals that can replace the world title in an instant. I for one won't buy into that concept even if Cena and Bryan hold those belts. I especially won't buy into it for another 4-5 months of no Lesnar until he decides to show up for SummerSlam.

The bottom line is not only is Lesnar not on RAW or SD, but he's not at most PPV's and there's only 3-4 PPV's that can get away with not having the champion around and not feel like they are missing something major. I would count Royal Rumble, MITB, Survivor Series and maybe HIAC if they build the right story. Other than that I want to see a world title match and odds are there will be no Extreme Rules, Payback, MITB or Battleground main events with the title involved.

I get not buying into Reigns yet, although I'm intrigued enough to see him try to overcome people's perception of him at least for a little while, but even if that's not the route you want to go, it's still a better option to have Reigns win and Rollins cash in at Mania or the next night so he can carry the belt and the feud for a while.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby JPG619 » Mar 24, '15, 7:56 pm

I think Reigns as champion could build something maybe have a feud with Seth and have him try to cash in his briefcase. With having Lesner as part-time how he been for over a fucken year with this title basically gave no build up was so ever with any of Lesner feuds he had in 2014.

They should never have done this. At least when the had guys like Punk holding the title made me care about the champion and how the company was represented not a part-time loser like Lesner how shows up 3 times all year.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby KaiserGlider » Mar 24, '15, 9:32 pm

The Legend wrote:Does anyone think that Lesnar going over and continuing his absentee champion schtick is really a better alternative?

Yes. Lesnar is the best champion WWE have had in years and he's elevated the importance of the world title massively, but let's put all that aside for a second. Here's the thing: The babyface is usually always more interesting when he is chasing the title, rather than when he's the champion. Reigns can't even get over when he's chasing the belt, so I don't see how his title reign can be any good.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 24, '15, 9:43 pm

The Legend wrote: but does anyone think that Lesnar going over and continuing his absentee champion schtick is really a better alternative?

You'll find a lot of differing opinions on whether Lesnar not being around half the time with the title is good or bad. Some say he's the best champion in years, others that not having the title around hurts the product. I'm not sure the show is hurt much without the title, truthfully I don't think people tune out because the title isn't on Raw.

The big problem with changing the title is who it's going to be on. I actually don't mind Reigns but he's poison now after the crowd has turned on him. I don't see how he can win the title off Lesnar and not get shit on all over the place. They need to drop him down the card a bit and find someone else to take the title off Lesnar.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Mar 24, '15, 9:52 pm

Awesome news.

At this point I don't see how they can have Reigns go over if Lesnar really is returning. He's just not ready, and the fans will turn on him even more if he gets that belt. They're just asking to wreck the guy's career by forcing it on him so soon.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby lyonssv » Mar 24, '15, 10:34 pm

Everlong wrote:Awesome news.

At this point I don't see how they can have Reigns go over if Lesnar really is returning. He's just not ready, and the fans will turn on him even more if he gets that belt. They're just asking to wreck the guy's career by forcing it on him so soon.

Also, to add to this point, does WWE want to end their biggest show on their biggest stage with Reigns being booed possibly? Is that a chance they're willing to take?

And even if it isn't that bad at Wrestlemania, the always smarky Raw crowd will definitely shit on him.

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » Mar 24, '15, 11:32 pm

The second I read that Lesnar signed I immediately thought that he is going to get screwed by Heyman at Mania. Lesnar is going to be the baby face at mania based on crowd reaction and what better way to play into that role then to have Heyman find his new beast in Reigns. This also solves the no champion issue. Plus this does a lot for Rollins who will get a massive reaction when he cashes in on Reigns and stops the new beast. If this was just one more year of Lesnar I would say that he would stay heel, but a multi year contract says to me that WWE will try to invest in Lesnar as much as possible now that he is locked up. Especially since Lesnar said he is officially done with UFC.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » Mar 25, '15, 4:52 am

DBSoT wrote:The second I read that Lesnar signed I immediately thought that he is going to get screwed by Heyman at Mania. Lesnar is going to be the baby face at mania based on crowd reaction and what better way to play into that role then to have Heyman find his new beast in Reigns. This also solves the no champion issue. Plus this does a lot for Rollins who will get a massive reaction when he cashes in on Reigns and stops the new beast. If this was just one more year of Lesnar I would say that he would stay heel, but a multi year contract says to me that WWE will try to invest in Lesnar as much as possible now that he is locked up. Especially since Lesnar said he is officially done with UFC.

That would be my favorite resolution.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Mar 25, '15, 7:05 am

KaiserGlider wrote:
The Legend wrote:Does anyone think that Lesnar going over and continuing his absentee champion schtick is really a better alternative?

Yes. Lesnar is the best champion WWE have had in years and he's elevated the importance of the world title massively, but let's put all that aside for a second. Here's the thing: The babyface is usually always more interesting when he is chasing the title, rather than when he's the champion. Reigns can't even get over when he's chasing the belt, so I don't see how his title reign can be any good.

OK, but I think a big part of the reason Reigns can't get over is because of Lesnar and his part time schedule and his whole I only fight if I get paid on the big shows character. the way they've had to book this feud because Reigns is there by himself and Lesnar isn't there exposes Reigns biggest weaknesses and makes it harder for him to get over. Also, I think over the last few weeks he's gotten over far more than he was before so that's a credit to him.

to me it isn't hard to see Reigns get over in the right feud and with the right circumstances moving forward.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Mar 25, '15, 7:38 am

The Legend wrote:OK, but I think a big part of the reason Reigns can't get over is because of Lesnar and his part time schedule and his whole I only fight if I get paid on the big shows character.

No, the reason Reigns can't get over is because the fans can see through the bullshit and know that this is WWE's hand-picked guy. They see him becoming the next Cena.

Until they stop trying to force Reigns down people's throats, he's never going to get over.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Messiah » Mar 25, '15, 8:37 am

Stop focusing on Brock Lesnar and focus on Roman Reigns.

I support Reigns, but the WWE has failed miserably at pushing him. There is no upside to him walking out of WrestleMania with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship as a babyface. It does nothing but hurt him long-term. It will do nothing but continue the hate towards him. This might be OK for somebody like John Cena, who already has an established fanbase and is a huge merchandise mover whether we like it or not. Reigns doesn't have that. He doesn't have a huge fanbase. The cheers for him have died down and the boos have become even more apparent.

The only way Reigns winning the title will be semi-acceptable is if he turns heel and sides with Heyman. Truth be told, I would be 80% against this move. I don't think the WWE is capable of coming up with a logical explanation behind why Heyman would turn on Reigns and Lesnar needs Heyman to help progress storylines. I am not sure exactly how I would book it, but their best course of action that would maximize Reigns' potential and get his fans back would be to have him lose at WM 31 (show they aren't going to portray him as an invincible, over-come-the-odds character like Cena), then build him up again with his ultimate goal being to take the title from Lesnar. Have Reigns win Money in the Bank and announce he's cashing in at SummerSlam and will win the title there.

The problem with that is Rollins has MITB and he probably isn't going to fail on his cash-in. This is why I thought my idea before the Rumble (similar to the above) would have worked best. Bryan win the Rumble, Bryan beat Lesnar, Rollins cashes in on Bryan about 2 months later, Reigns wins MITB, Reigns beats Rollins for the title in the main event of SummerSlam. Reigns gets a lengthier title run than he will have had otherwise, we get Bryan/Lesnar, Rollins gets his title win, more time to build up Reigns, adds credibility to all three.

Anyway, back to the original point. It comes down to this. Do you prefer Lesnar's reign, which has its strengths and weaknesses, or Reigns winning the title when he's not ready from a skill or credibility standpoint?

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 25, '15, 9:59 am

@Messiah is right about Reigns never being able to get over as a face if he beats Lesnar now and walks out of Mania champion. Once the "smark" fans have made up their mind on someone it's very hard to get them to change it. It would be like getting the crowd 100% behind Cena now, it just won't happen.

The only chance he has for his career not to get killed before it really starts is to either turn him heel, or maybe push him down the card a ways and try and rebuild him up the card gradually. But truthfully I'm not sure if you put him against someone like Rusev he doesn't get booed still at this point.

If it were up to me, I think you have Reigns lose to Lesnar. And shortly after Mania, maybe even the next night, you have him turn heel on Dean Ambrose. They have the Shield history and have stayed friends even after the split, and Ambrose is over enough that Reigns turning on him would bring him good heat and might just keep his head above water.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Next

Return to WWE