It is currently: Jun 04, '24, 2:08 am

Bret Hart has prostate cancer

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Bret Hart has prostate cancer

Postby SlightlyJames » Feb 01, '16, 1:04 pm

Link to the post on his facebook

It is with great remorse that I feel compelled to speak truthfully to my friends, family and my millions of fans around the world. In the past few years, I've spent more than enough time paying the price for all those years trying to be the best there ever was as a professional wrestler. I executed excellently and my proudest claim was that I never seriously hurt or injured another wrestler in my 23 year career. I've paid a price for all that "fake" wrestling. Aside from a devastating career-ending concussion and numerous surgeries when I was younger, in recent years I've had two knee replacements, two hernia operations, surgery on my right elbow, and, just a few months ago, I underwent a four-corner fusion of my right wrist that even now makes it most difficult to write or type.

Mark Helprin wrote: "We are all perfect clocks that Divinity has set to ticking when, even before birth, the heart explodes into a lifelong dance." I've had a great lifelong dance and I'm a survivor of many hard battles. I now face my toughest battle. With hesitation and fear, I openly declare myself in my fight against prostate cancer. In the next few days, I will undergo surgery with the hope of defeating this nemesis once and for all.

My fans have always looked upon me as a hero and I've always done my best to live up to that in and out of the ring. I beat the odds when I suffered my stroke in 2002, but it is now yet again, that I draw upon the many adults and young children I've met throughout my life who courageously fought and usually lost in their battles against this deadly disease. One year ago, I watched a brave young man named Whesley fight brain cancer to the end. If I can find even an ounce of his courage to stand unafraid and face the tough road ahead of me, I will march toward this destiny with his spirit chanting in my ear.

I make a solemn vow to all of those that once believed in me, the dead and the living, that I will wage my fearsome fight against cancer with one shield and one sword carrying my determination and my fury for life, emboldened by all the love that's kept me going this long already. Love is my weapon and I've got much of it around me all the time, for which I'm truly blessed and eternally grateful. My children, grandchildren, and my loving wife Steph have been and will constantly be at my side. I refuse to lose, I will never give in or give up, and I will win this battle or die trying.

Most important of all, I hope I can take the fight to prostate cancer. To be a leader in awareness and to set the example for men everywhere who find themselves in my very same shoes, that prostate cancer can be beaten.

B x

Damn man, Cancer is having a hell of a start to the year.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 275

Re: Bret Hart has prostate cancer

Postby Twister » Feb 01, '16, 1:07 pm

Just read about this. Really hope he pulls through, cancer is evil.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 56

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 01, '16, 2:21 pm

It sucked big time when I read this earlier. Talk about a guy who's already had some tough times in his life. Hopefully they caught it early and it can be treated and he gets a clean bill of health.

The guy was my childhood wrestling hero.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 01, '16, 3:20 pm

He has overcome some tough times from a health point of view - again, hope he is able to recover from this also.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby JPG619 » Feb 01, '16, 5:19 pm

Damn I just read about this on my local sports website that covers WWE here in Canada I was shocked I hope he pulls through.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby Everlong » Feb 01, '16, 5:52 pm

Damn, that's awful news. I don't know what the survival rate is, but it's more awful news for Hart to be sure. Hope he's able to pull through.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 01, '16, 6:07 pm

Everlong wrote:Damn, that's awful news. I don't know what the survival rate is, but it's more awful news for Hart to be sure. Hope he's able to pull through.

I read briefly online that prostate cancer is actually quite treatable and doesn't have that high of a mortality rate. I'm not sure how accurate that is but I'm going to choose to believe it .

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 02, '16, 9:52 am

Str8Shooter wrote:
Everlong wrote:Damn, that's awful news. I don't know what the survival rate is, but it's more awful news for Hart to be sure. Hope he's able to pull through.

I read briefly online that prostate cancer is actually quite treatable and doesn't have that high of a mortality rate. I'm not sure how accurate that is but I'm going to choose to believe it .

It depends on the severity and how soon treatment starts. My father died of prostate cancer, hopefully Bret pulls through. :(

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Daz » Feb 02, '16, 11:42 am

Cancer can suck a whole bag of dicks.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Hanley! » Feb 02, '16, 12:49 pm

VaderBomb wrote:My father died of prostate cancer

Mine too. Sorry to hear about that, man. My condolensces. Prostate cancer can fuck right off.

Here's hoping we don't lose a childhood hero to it also.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Feb 02, '16, 1:00 pm

It's incredible how much shit Bret's been through in his life and everything he has battled with his health. This is really unfortunate. I really hope he pulls through.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 04, '16, 1:48 am

Hanley! wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:My father died of prostate cancer

Mine too. Sorry to hear about that, man. My condolensces. Prostate cancer can fuck right off.

Here's hoping we don't lose a childhood hero to it also.

Condolences to you as well, friend.

This news about Bret Hart bummed me out big time, but I have some good faith that he'll beat it. You and I share two childhood heroes, our fathers and the Hitman. Let us all focus some positive energy to Bret.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby DBSoT » Feb 04, '16, 8:19 am

My condolences to @Vaderbomb and @Hanley for their fathers' passing. Cancer can fuck right off and I hope Bret makes it through this.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Return to WWE