It is currently: May 23, '24, 8:39 am

Rollins/Sting likely to go on before Rollins/Cena at NOC

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Rollins/Sting likely to go on before Rollins/Cena at NOC

Postby Messiah » Sep 12, '15, 12:13 am

I won't link it because it contains possible spoilers for NOC, but here's a quote:

it's up for debate whether or not Sting and the WWE title will be the opener, but it looks like it's a lock to go on before the U.S. championship match where the second of Seth Rollins matches (and the one against you-know-who) will main event.

LOL at this.

What is the point of even having Sting around?

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Rollins/Sting likely to go on before Rollins/Cena at NOC

Postby prophet » Sep 12, '15, 6:04 am

This would be very disappointing if true. Not just because Sting is competing for the WWE Title (something that should be treated as monumental in my opinion) but because the World Title match should always go on last, period. I think they kept mentioning on RAW that if Rollins can get past Sting he'll have to face Cena so this seems like what they're planning.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby The Legend » Sep 12, '15, 6:21 am

If this true it all but locks in that Sheamus nwill cash in on Rollins to end the night. If the world title match was last everyone would be kind of waiting for it. Now wwe will be hoping itnslips everyone's mind and then BAM!

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Sep 12, '15, 7:28 am

The Legend wrote:If this true it all but locks in that Sheamus nwill cash in on Rollins to end the night. If the world title match was last everyone would be kind of waiting for it. Now wwe will be hoping itnslips everyone's mind and then BAM!

Sheamus confronted Rollins on Raw and told him that he might just cash in his Money in the Bank at Night of Champions, forcing Rollins to wrestle 3 times. They're not hoping it slips everyone's mind, they've already set it up as a red herring. I'm 99% sure that Sheamus isn't cashing in at Night of Champions.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Sep 12, '15, 9:56 am

Hanley! wrote:
The Legend wrote:If this true it all but locks in that Sheamus nwill cash in on Rollins to end the night. If the world title match was last everyone would be kind of waiting for it. Now wwe will be hoping itnslips everyone's mind and then BAM!

Sheamus confronted Rollins on Raw and told him that he might just cash in his Money in the Bank at Night of Champions, forcing Rollins to wrestle 3 times. They're not hoping it slips everyone's mind, they've already set it up as a red herring. I'm 99% sure that Sheamus isn't cashing in at Night of Champions.

Forget may be the wrong word. Everyone would expect a cash in to come right after the whc match, not 2 1/2 hours later.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby SlightlyJames » Sep 12, '15, 10:07 am

If Sheamus cashed in during the US Title match, would it become a triple threat for both titles? I wouldn't put it past WWE to pull that shit and put both belts on Cena :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Hanley! » Sep 12, '15, 10:11 am

I still think the Sheamus cash in thing won't happen for a few reasons.

First of all, he already sign posted it. And when the Money in the Bank holder reminds everyone that they might cash in on a certain night, they never actually do it.

Second of all, I think it's too obvious even without Sheamus having brought it up.

Third of all, Sheamus isn't nearly ready to hold world title gold right now. They need to give it time.

Fourth of all, Rollins is having a good run right now, and taking the belt off their top active heel and giving it to a fourth string heel like Sheamus would be nonsensical. If they want to have a heel on top, right now it's going to be Rollins. He's too far ahead of everyone else.

HOWEVER, if they DO decide to have Sheamus cash in his contract, I think what happens is that he'll win the match and afterwards Triple H will say that he never announced which championship he was cashing in for, and as a result he'll be given the United States championship instead of the world championship. It sounds kinda daft, and it'd probably turn Sheamus into somewhat of a face, but in my head it's the kind of idea they might go with.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Sep 12, '15, 11:56 am

Remember the mitb winner is never ready.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby KaiserGlider » Sep 12, '15, 6:41 pm

Hanley! wrote:HOWEVER, if they DO decide to have Sheamus cash in his contract, I think what happens is that he'll win the match and afterwards Triple H will say that he never announced which championship he was cashing in for, and as a result he'll be given the United States championship instead of the world championship. It sounds kinda daft, and it'd probably turn Sheamus into somewhat of a face, but in my head it's the kind of idea they might go with.

I thought the Money in the Bank contract was only for a World Championship shot, or did they change that to any title?

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Hanley! » Sep 12, '15, 6:47 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:I thought the Money in the Bank contract was only for a World Championship shot, or did they change that to any title?

I remember hearing them talk in the past about being able to cash in for any title. But you know, everyone always picked the world title, because why wouldn't they?

It's one of those rules though, that I think they'd feel free to change depending on the story/circumstances. For most things, they kinda make the rules up as they go along.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby SlightlyJames » Sep 12, '15, 6:51 pm

If they could put the US Title on Sheamus and get that briefcase off him, while also preventing Rollins from eating another clean loss from Cena I'd say that's a bit dumb but generally ideal.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Hanley! » Sep 12, '15, 7:09 pm

What's kinda bugging me right now is that every single month they write themselves into a corner and require a convoluted finish or bullshit booking to get themselves out of it. Rather than just giving us simple stories and characters we can believe in.

That's one of the major differences between the WWE pay per views and the NXT Takeover shows at the moment, so it's no surprise that the NXT shows are being received much better than the main roster shows.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby KaiserGlider » Sep 20, '15, 5:21 pm

It was just announced on the pre-show that Rollins would face Cena and then Sting in back-to-back matches. Is Sting gonna wrestle for 5 minutes?

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Hanley! » Sep 20, '15, 5:26 pm

Ouch, that's not good. Also not good for my Roundtable. :P I shouldn't have changed my prediction for the opening match to Rollins/Cena. I initially had it down as Ziggler/Rusev.

Either way, I don't believe that Sting/Rollins goes on before Cena/Rollins. I can maybe believe that they considered it. But I don't think that's what they'll end up doing.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Return to WWE