It is currently: Jun 17, '24, 7:14 am

Wade Barrett

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Wade Barrett

Postby Circled Square » Apr 11, '15, 8:34 am

Will he ever get over him having his group taken over by CM Punk lol? Do you ever see him holding the WWE title?

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 209

Re: Wade Barrett

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 11, '15, 9:47 am

I think he still has quite a bit of potential. He can talk pretty well and is decent enough in the ring. I wish they had let him keep giving the "Bad News", but of course it was getting him over so they had to get rid of that.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby PorkChop » Apr 11, '15, 10:01 am

It's all a part of the bigger picture. The British invasion is coming...

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby Hanley! » Apr 11, '15, 10:19 am

People have talked about him being a future world champion for a long time, but he's just not there yet. I like the guy. They could do more with him. But there are a lot of other guys who deserve that main event spot before he does. The problem with Barrett is they pushed him into the main event right after his debut, but weren't willing to commit to putting him in that spot. So there was nowhere for him to go but down from there.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Viazon » Apr 11, '15, 2:38 pm

I would say that Barrett has all the tools to be a main event player. I say give it some time though. I'm sure a few years down the line he can be a world champion.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby JPG619 » Apr 11, '15, 9:29 pm

Viazon wrote:I would say that Barrett has all the tools to be a main event player. I say give it some time though. I'm sure a few years down the line he can be a world champion.

I hope so too I am a big fan of him ever since the crappy version of NXT. He has the potential just wish the WWE utilized their wrestlers correctly. Just hope they know what to do with him because they seem to look past it and never give pushes to guys who earn it but give it to part-time guys it seems.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby Racing Guy » Apr 12, '15, 12:06 am

I think he's lost more matches than everyone not named Zack Ryder. They seem to refuse to push him.

Racing Guy Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

Topics: 21

Postby flock u » Apr 12, '15, 12:46 am

I'd love to see WWE put the world title on Barrett and somewhat make up for the gross Injustices they committed by not putting it on Davey Boy Smith or Regal. But sadly I don't see it ever happening :(

flock u Male
Jobber
Jobber

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 3

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 12, '15, 2:56 am

Barrett will never be world's champion and honestly he's not good enough for it.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby The Legend » Apr 12, '15, 5:14 am

The biggest obstacle Barrett has to getting fully pushed into the main event is he needs to prove he can stay healthy for more than 4-6 months at a time.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby flock u » Apr 12, '15, 7:55 am

The Legend wrote:The biggest obstacle Barrett has to getting fully pushed into the main event is he needs to prove he can stay healthy for more than 4-6 months at a time.

Then keep him away from Big show and Sheamus lol

flock u Male
Jobber
Jobber

Postby Kirbi » Apr 12, '15, 12:34 pm

Meh, I see him as an upper-midcard guy; I can see him getting the main title at some point if they treat him right, and he stays uninjured, but not being in contention for it on the regular. The best thing about him is his line delivery - it is pretty damn sweet though.

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 11

Postby Hanley! » Apr 12, '15, 12:55 pm

Since the Nexus, people kept saying he would be world champion within a year, and it kept not happening. But at least it seemed like a realistic prospect back when there were two world championships.

All sorts of people held that second world championship back when it was around. Nobodies like Khali and Swagger got a shot at it. The standards for the WWE championship went way down towards the end too: the person who held it wasn't definitively the top name in the company, so they could afford to take more of a risk with their WWE champions. They gave it to Del Rio, Sheamus and the Miz ... none of whom would get it in today's environment, and that's a good thing.

There's only one championship now, and it's only been held by real stars. Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, Brock Lesnar ... all of whom are genuine future Hall of Famers. And Seth Rollins: the MVP of Raw for the last 6 months, the company's top heel and a superb all round talent. The championship is strong right now. Lesnar held it for ages, only defending it in very big matches. The championship has rarely looked more prestigious.

It's going to be a long time before the likes of Barrett get a sniff of that title. And they really shouldn't. Right now he's a decent candidate for Intercontinental champion if the story is there, but not much more. He's a solid hand, but not stellar at anything. He's not that over. For someone to get a shot at the World championship now, they need to have a star power that Barrett will likely never have. He'll need to take off in a huge way before he should even be considered for a world championship shot, let alone a win.

The next guys who could conceivably rise to main event level (if given the right booking) in my mind are Ziggler, Wyatt and yes, probably Reigns. And there are plenty of others who are currently in front of Barrett in the pecking order.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 12, '15, 3:08 pm

He simply is not a top tier guy. Not really anything against him, but he really can't compete against a lot of the other guys.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Westcoastvibes » Apr 12, '15, 3:42 pm

Well since wwe stopped bad news Barrett from delivering bad news because he was getting over with the fans to well I think its fair to say that he will never have the support from the top brass to be a world champ.

He has everything wwe looks for in a top guy but he just does not have "it", I don't know if he needs repackaged or just some coaching of sorts to refine his talent but right now he is just not top level

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 12, '15, 10:40 pm

I'm still annoyed as fuck that right after they fired Chris Hero, they gave Barrett his finisher and a much weaker and less interesting version of one of Hero's many quirks (the knockout gimmick). Tired ass shit.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby PorkChop » Apr 13, '15, 1:01 am

VaderBomb wrote:I'm still annoyed as fuck that right after they fired Chris Hero, they gave Barrett his finisher and a much weaker and less interesting version of one of Hero's many quirks (the knockout gimmick). Tired ass shit.

I think you're looking too much into it. Since his debut Barrett was billed as a bareknuckle boxer. What's intimidating about a bareknuckle boxer who doesn't knock anyone out?

Besides, the knock out gimmick has been used with many wrestlers, not just Barrett.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 13, '15, 1:27 am

PorkChop wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:I'm still annoyed as fuck that right after they fired Chris Hero, they gave Barrett his finisher and a much weaker and less interesting version of one of Hero's many quirks (the knockout gimmick). Tired ass shit.

I think you're looking too much into it. Since his debut Barrett was billed as a bareknuckle boxer. What's intimidating about a bareknuckle boxer who doesn't knock anyone out?

Besides, the knock out gimmick has been used with many wrestlers, not just Barrett.

Actually, come to think of it, they suited Barrett with (again, a far weaker version of) Hero's finisher/gimmick while Hero was still on NXT as Kassius Ohno. Even worse because they stalled any opportunity for Hero to play his classic character on the main roster, although at that point they probably made up their minds about unjustly firing him.

There is no coincidence. It was clearly intentional. I'm not looking too far into it.

It was clearly a "fuck you, wrestling fans" by Vince to stroke his massive ego and I cringe every time I see Barrett hit that bull hammer. Politics, man. I don't have to explain that to you. They even have Kevin Owens wearing a shirt that I'm sure was initially in mind for Kassius Ohno. The KO gimmick was clearly a bigger priority than giving Hero a fair shot. He was friends with Punk after all, and he'd be gone within months of Hero getting kicked out into the street.

Anybody remember Barrett's first match back from injury in November? It marked a little over a year after Hero was fired. Barrett beat Cesaro. Hero's longtime legendary tag team partner, one half of the Kings of Wrestling. Coincidence? Naw bitch. Politics.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Circled Square » Apr 13, '15, 1:33 am

You need to wipe Chris Hero's nut off your face and realize the rabbit hole doesn't go that deep lol.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 209

Postby flock u » Apr 13, '15, 3:30 am

VaderBomb wrote:
PorkChop wrote:

Actually, come to think of it, they suited Barrett with (again, a far weaker version of) Hero's finisher/gimmick while Hero was still on NXT as Kassius Ohno. Even worse because they stalled any opportunity for Hero to play his classic character on the main roster, although at that point they probably made up their minds about unjustly firing him.

There is no coincidence. It was clearly intentional. I'm not looking too far into it.

It was clearly a "fuck you, wrestling fans" by Vince to stroke his massive ego and I cringe every time I see Barrett hit that bull hammer. Politics, man. I don't have to explain that to you. They even have Kevin Owens wearing a shirt that I'm sure was initially in mind for Kassius Ohno. The KO gimmick was clearly a bigger priority than giving Hero a fair shot. He was friends with Punk after all, and he'd be gone within months of Hero getting kicked out into the street.

Anybody remember Barrett's first match back from injury in November? It marked a little over a year after Hero was fired. Barrett beat Cesaro. Hero's longtime legendary tag team partner, one half of the Kings of Wrestling. Coincidence? Naw bitch. Politics.

I haven't laughed this hard about anything wrestling related in a long time. Thank you for that one.

flock u Male
Jobber
Jobber

Next

Return to WWE