It is currently: Jun 17, '24, 8:09 am

NXT Live specials airing monthly announced

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

NXT Live specials airing monthly announced

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 30, '15, 11:38 am

NXT TAKEOVER – LIVE! – AIRS MONTHLY ON WEDNESDAYS
The future is here. WWE’s hottest up-and-coming Superstars compete to prove they’ve got what it takes. More than just evolution, it’s a revolution! Witness these WWE Superstars of tomorrow as they take over WWE Network with live two-hour specials.

Source: WWE Press Release

Pretty cool to see them happening more often. Obviously there is a risk of over saturation, but I think the 1 hour shows often times can't showcase everyone that should be. Having a 2 hour show monthly will help with that.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Re: NXT Live specials airing monthly announced

Postby Messiah » Mar 30, '15, 12:02 pm

I agree with this move. At first, I liked that NXT Takeover was something that didn't come around often because when it did, it felt special. However, the in-between time for Takeover's has crippled the product because you end up with a lot of stalling as far as storylines go. Owens had to deal with Riley, which wasn't a bad story but a story that you know was just to give Owens something to do before they went with the Owens/Balor story.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby The Legend » Mar 30, '15, 12:04 pm

I think there was some space between doing like four a year and doing them monthly though. I think 6-8 would be a good way to go. I think a lot of NXT's freestyling storytelling gets hurt with such a four week times.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Messiah » Mar 30, '15, 12:20 pm

The Legend wrote:I think there was some space between doing like four a year and doing them monthly though. I think 6-8 would be a good way to go. I think a lot of NXT's freestyling storytelling gets hurt with such a four week times.

I see what you mean. I think they can solve this by not treating every live event the same. For example, do what you do now except one or two live events can be similar to a show of NXT, except two hours. Use it to advance storylines, segments, etc. That is one thing NXT can improve in. Some of their wrestlers could be helped out if they got a little bit more mic time to help advance/express their character. The only people that really talk are Owens and Breeze. Zayn when he's around. It means a lot of them have to rely on getting their character over in the ring, which is easy for some (Banks, Owens) but not as easy for others. Just a minor gripe though.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Kirbi » Mar 30, '15, 1:26 pm

I will so very much watch these.

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 11

Postby Hanley! » Mar 30, '15, 1:34 pm

I'm happy there are going to be more long shows. They could always treat some of them like special 2 hour editions rather than mini pay per views if they don't have enough stories to justify making each one of them a special. Or they could go with more specific themes for some of their shows to differentiate them. With the NXT women's roster being what it is, in a few months they might be able to have a 2 hour special devoted almost entirely to them. As a special show that fans aren't paying money to see (other than their network subscription), they can afford to take more risks with these shows and that's not a bad thing.

Having more time once a month to show us a little more, or get some new characters over is definitely a positive though. NXT is my favourite weekly wrestling show right now, and I think this can potentially make it better.

This is coming at a good time, as between this announcement and Rollins becoming champ, we're probably going to sign up for the Network for a while. I figure why not see what the fuss is all about: give it a chance to really win us over.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby JPG619 » Mar 30, '15, 8:46 pm

That is cool, NXT been putting out great product so I am looking forward to this.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby DBSoT » Mar 31, '15, 6:05 pm

F4Wonline.com reports that WWE officials have confirmed that the NXT specials will remain quarterly. They will be changing the wording in their press release that says the specials will air monthly.
Thankfully they are staying quarterly. That is a good choice. They need to keep the importance of the specials. I do really hope they make one of the specials at the old ECW arena (as is reported). That would be incredible and the crowd would be intense.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Return to WWE