It is currently: Jun 25, '24, 5:03 pm

Paige made to look a bitch yet again

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Paige made to look a bitch yet again

Postby prophet » May 12, '14, 6:32 pm

Squashed and annihilated by Alicia Fox of all people tonight. Managed to steal a win though. They've continued to make her look like a complete bitch, sad times.

Alicia Fox killed it tonight though, so good for her.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Paige made to look a bitch yet again

Postby Georgerv » May 12, '14, 6:34 pm

She was attacked pre-match, and it may well have been used to start a legit feud with Alicia judging by Alicia's post-match temper tantrum.

Looks like it could be leading to a much better and less one sided match between the two

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 42

Postby Str8Shooter » May 12, '14, 6:36 pm

I don't see what the huge deal is? Not everyone has to be a huge beast when they debut. They're telling a story of her being a green rookie, the youngest Divas champion ever, who won it in her first match.

In other sports a rookie can come in and show talent, but has to learn the ropes and learn how to get things done as a professional. That's what they're doing here, Paige is talented and still manages to sneak out wins, but the more "veteran" wrestlers are asserting their experience on her.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Georgerv » May 12, '14, 6:52 pm

Scratch what I said, Alicia just quit on the App.

WWE are just fucking morons, why would they give her the most interesting thing she has had in years, and something that could potentially start a feud on her last damn show?

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Postby Str8Shooter » May 12, '14, 6:55 pm

Georgerv wrote:Scratch what I said, Alicia just quit on the App.

WWE are just fucking morons, why would they give her the most interesting thing she has had in years, and something that could potentially start a feud on her last damn show?

Pretty sure she didn't actually "quit". That screams angle.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby ShaneOfan » May 12, '14, 7:16 pm

So the English Champion won the title by lucking into it. Since then they have been destroyed pretty much every week and the only way they win is by some last minute miracle for them. And people bitch when TNA steals WWE's angles.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Georgerv » May 12, '14, 7:23 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
Georgerv wrote:Scratch what I said, Alicia just quit on the App.

Pretty sure she didn't actually "quit". That screams angle.

Apparently the reports were false anyway, it never happened.

So maybe will get a legit feud between Alicia and Paige

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Postby PorkChop » May 13, '14, 2:15 am

:lol

So far this has been the worst booked title reign since Jack Swagger won the WHC. Are they even trying?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby prophet » May 13, '14, 6:44 am

PorkChop wrote::lol

So far this has been the worst booked title reign since Jack Swagger won the WHC. Are they even trying?

Luckily for her they won't have to try next week. The English crowd will pop for her regardless.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Daz » May 13, '14, 6:51 am

WWE never book champions well. Fact.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby PorkChop » May 13, '14, 8:50 am

Another thing I didn't get about Paige - this:

The last time I saw someone backwards scoot away from their opponent was Triple H vs Undertaker at WrestleMania 27. Undertaker kicked out of a tombstone and Triple H was astonished, he backed himself up against the ropes in fear. Why the fuck is Paige scooting away from Tamina? It looks like Paige is cowardly and backing away from a fight (like she did against AJ on her debut). I don't understand why she'd do that.

I just haven't got Paige's title reign at all. I get that she's hot, she's got talent, she's young, she's English, which is why a lot of people like her. I like her and want her to succeed. She's much better than the usual diva we get in WWE. But her reign has been utterly nonsensical from a booking point so far and it's really hurting her. I'm amazed that people continue to deny this.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby prophet » May 13, '14, 9:11 am

I think they should have booked her as like the face version of what they made AJ Lee. Alienated by all the divas because she did in one night what none of them could do in a year by defeating AJ. Have her face a new challenger every month and build her up strongly until AJ returns to start a proper feud with her. Having her being dominated, fluke wins and not speaking on RAW doesn't do anything for her.

Maybe they're doing what Brett suggested in having her be seen as a rookie who is having to pay her dues the hard way. I guess I understand that but similarly you can surely understand why it's frustrating for us? Having to see Paige (a known talent and best wrestler they have) pay her dues against the 'experienced wrestlers' such as Alicia Fox (a known nothing and best nothing they have...nothing) is irritating to watch. It'd work better if it was against someone we know can wrestle and has been on TV a bit in recent months (Natalya, Naomi, Emma etc..) but the only other women they have are either comedy fodder or wrapped up in some Total Diva stint.

I'm not happy with how they've been booking Paige but like I said earlier if they are going to do a feud between her and Alicia Fox then I'm all for it. Fox impressed the hell out of me on RAW and managed to create more interest for herself in 2 minutes than the rest of the roster has done in a year, so props to her.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » May 13, '14, 6:09 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:I don't see what the huge deal is? Not everyone has to be a huge beast when they debut. They're telling a story of her being a green rookie, the youngest Divas champion ever, who won it in her first match.

In other sports a rookie can come in and show talent, but has to learn the ropes and learn how to get things done as a professional. That's what they're doing here, Paige is talented and still manages to sneak out wins, but the more "veteran" wrestlers are asserting their experience on her.

It doesn't sound so bad from a story perspective when you put it like that, but they're telling the story completely backwards when it comes to the in ring stuff.

If you want to make a rookie look talented but in need of more experience, you don't have them sell for the entire match and then steal a win at the end. You have them dominate the match, but make a silly mistake that the more experienced veteran capitalises on to win the match. That way the newcomer looks talented, but also looks like she still has a lot to learn.

Paige doesn't look talented at all as champion. She comes off as lucky and nothing more. At best, she comes off as being untalented but having some cunning that allows her to pick up sneaky wins. Which makes her look like the craftier wrestler, but the less talented one.

Plus, whatever about the story, none of this is getting HER over. And given she's a new wrestler who still hasn't been given an opportunity to connect with the fans, and given that she's now the CHAMPION, getting her over seems like it should be pretty high on the priority list. I watched her match against Alicia Fox this week and I'm pretty sure that she literally only did one move in the entire match. How is she going to get over when she gets no offense in her matches? And how is she supposed to look even remotely talented if the audience doesn't even know if she has a move set?

They've just misfired completely with this one.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Daz » May 13, '14, 7:36 pm

Hanley! wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:I don't see what the huge deal is? Not everyone has to be a huge beast when they debut. They're telling a story of her being a green rookie, the youngest Divas champion ever, who won it in her first match.

It doesn't sound so bad from a story perspective when you put it like that, but they're telling the story completely backwards when it comes to the in ring stuff.

If you want to make a rookie look talented but in need of more experience, you don't have them sell for the entire match and then steal a win at the end. You have them dominate the match, but make a silly mistake that the more experienced veteran capitalises on to win the match. That way the newcomer looks talented, but also looks like she still has a lot to learn.

Paige doesn't look talented at all as champion. She comes off as lucky and nothing more. At best, she comes off as being untalented but having some cunning that allows her to pick up sneaky wins. Which makes her look like the craftier wrestler, but the less talented one.

Plus, whatever about the story, none of this is getting HER over. And given she's a new wrestler who still hasn't been given an opportunity to connect with the fans, and given that she's now the CHAMPION, getting her over seems like it should be pretty high on the priority list. I watched her match against Alicia Fox this week and I'm pretty sure that she literally only did one move in the entire match. How is she going to get over when she gets no offense in her matches? And how is she supposed to look even remotely talented if the audience doesn't even know if she has a move set?

They've just misfired completely with this one.

Honestly, either way would be absolutely fine if they bothered to articulate any form of said story on television.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Return to WWE