It is currently: Jun 22, '24, 4:44 am

Major update concerning RAW in Chicago (Spoilers, if ye care)

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Major update concerning RAW in Chicago (Spoilers, if ye care)

Postby Everlong » Mar 02, '14, 8:11 pm

According to various sources, Dave Meltzer said on the figure four podcast that an undisclosed source that he trusts with 100% certainty has revealed that CM Punk is going to be at Raw in Chicago.

If this is true, it'll be interesting to see how things proceed from here. It'll also put the kibash on any fan attempts to hijack the show, because they'll be so amped about Punk returning in his hometown.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Major update concerning RAW in Chicago (Spoilers, if ye care)

Postby Messiah » Mar 02, '14, 8:18 pm

Went ahead and clicked on it because sadly someone put it in the other thread. :(

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 471

Postby prophet » Mar 02, '14, 8:21 pm

Meh. Meltzer has been known to make shit up and claim they're from 'sources' so that when things don't materialize his reputation remains intact. RAW tomorrow night was always going to be interesting in Chicago what with the planned crowd hijack attempt, this rumour increases my interest though I have to admit.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby PorkChop » Mar 02, '14, 8:27 pm

I'll be kind of mad if he returns this soon, honestly.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Everlong » Mar 02, '14, 8:27 pm

PorkChop wrote:I'll be kind of mad if he returns this soon, honestly.

Why do you say that?

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby prophet » Mar 02, '14, 8:29 pm

How great would it be if this was just a story WWE has leaked out so that when they play CM Punk's music and the crowd goes wild out walks...

:barrett

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534

Postby PorkChop » Mar 02, '14, 8:48 pm

Everlong wrote:

Why do you say that?

He can't walk in and walk out of the company when he wants. He threw a tantrum backstage and walked out, major (and shitty) changes were made to the WrestleMania card because of his actions and now all of a sudden he wants back in.

I like him on-screen, but off it Punk sounds like a pretentious asshole. Imagine if Orton did this - say he wasn't happy with his position in the company and others being above him despite having a 430 odd day title reign and walks out leaving the company and the fans high and dry, then Raw comes to St Louis and he fancies some love and adoration so changes his mind and wants back in. Orton would get torn apart if this were him.

Punk seems to have the fans interests at heart, but he's been a complete dick about this whole thing.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Mar 02, '14, 8:52 pm

^I don't disagree necessarily, but what's to say that the WWE isn't the ones who made the big push to get Punk back? Throw enough zeroes at a guy and obviously he's going to be more likely to re-think his stance.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Mar 02, '14, 8:54 pm

PorkChop wrote:
Everlong wrote:

Why do you say that?

He can't walk in and walk out of the company when he wants. He threw a tantrum backstage and walked out, major (and shitty) changes were made to the WrestleMania card because of his actions and now all of a sudden he wants back in.

Why do people keep saying this? The only change that was made was instead of Bryan facing Sheamus, he is facing HHH. He was never going to be in the title match. :lol

And who says he threw a tantrum? Apparently all he told Vince was he was leaving. He was frustrated. The same frustration Steve Austin had when he left. Punk hasn't even said a word since. Hasn't tweeted or anything. I think you guys are exaggerating when saying he handled it poorly. He left right after the Rumble and gave them ample time to adjust and the only change that seems to have been made cause of him is Bryan faces HHH and Sheamus is left with nothing. Also I think it is more likely the WWE made a huge push for Punk to return rather than Punk begging to return.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Kyle » Mar 02, '14, 9:05 pm

Either it's true or WWE will use this to get heel heat.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 02, '14, 9:36 pm

I hope he does come back because it'd be amazing.

One other possibility is WWE themselves leaked this, knowing full well it'll make the internet rounds and the fans in Chicago will catch wind of it. This way, the crowd may potentially not go overboard hijacking the show because they all will think Punk is returning later on in the show. Then main event time comes, and when Punk doesn't show up, the fans will be pissed, but the show will be over and thus the television audience doesn't have to see their displeasure.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Everlong » Mar 02, '14, 9:38 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:One other possibility is WWE themselves leaked this, knowing full well it'll make the internet rounds and the fans in Chicago will catch wind of it. This way, the crowd may potentially not go overboard hijacking the show because they all will think Punk is returning later on in the show. Then main event time comes, and when Punk doesn't show up, the fans will be pissed, but the show will be over and thus the television audience doesn't have to see their displeasure.

Oh man, that would be absolutely diabolical. :lol

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Racing Guy » Mar 03, '14, 3:50 pm

The whole Hijack Raw thing makes no sense. So they wanna punish the WWE by buying tickets and giving them they're money? That will show them for sure.

Racing Guy Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

Topics: 21

Postby Ali » Mar 03, '14, 4:32 pm

Racing Guy wrote:The whole Hijack Raw thing makes no sense. So they wanna punish the WWE by buying tickets and giving them they're money? That will show them for sure.

Here's the problem. RAWs sell out way in advance, especially for cities where there is a vested interest in the show, like Chicago. But WWE and TicketMaster, to my knowledge, don't offer refunds. So if they do something asinine between you purchasing the ticket and the date of the show, they don't care, they've got your money.

So these fans in Chicago bought their tickets long before Batista won the Rumble and CM Punk left the WWE. Now, they're in a weird spot. They're passionate about the product, but they can't exactly protest with their wallet now, they've given their money. They could stay home, but then it's a total waste of a significant amount of money, and I can see why they'd want to get something out of it. So what to do? Just go there and try to stir s*it up.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Postby SortaCreative » Mar 04, '14, 6:24 am

Dave Meltzer is full of shit.

Fucking parasite.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54

Postby Daz » Mar 04, '14, 6:46 am

Messiah wrote:
PorkChop wrote:
Everlong wrote:

Why do you say that?

Why do people keep saying this? The only change that was made was instead of Bryan facing Sheamus, he is facing HHH. He was never going to be in the title match. :lol

And who says he threw a tantrum? Apparently all he told Vince was he was leaving. He was frustrated. The same frustration Steve Austin had when he left. Punk hasn't even said a word since. Hasn't tweeted or anything. I think you guys are exaggerating when saying he handled it poorly. He left right after the Rumble and gave them ample time to adjust and the only change that seems to have been made cause of him is Bryan faces HHH and Sheamus is left with nothing. Also I think it is more likely the WWE made a huge push for Punk to return rather than Punk begging to return.

Of course WWE are going to make a huge push to get him back. He's hugely popular, sells a lot of merchandise and is a Main Event star in the company ... bottom line, he makes them money. They're gonna be in a poorer financial position without him. Why wouldn't they want him back?

That doesn't somehow excuse the fact what he did was extremely unprofessional. If you're unhappy at work, I think we can all agree, leaving mid-way through the day isn't the best way to handle it. If someone gets promoted ahead of you, who you feel isn't qualified, or they hire somebody from outside the company who isn't trained to do what you do, or if the people in management are just dicks ... you have every right to complain. you have every right to quit. You have every right to find other forms of employment. But there's a right way to do things. You resign, work your notice, then fuck off.

We all understand his frustration. He's been consistently one of the best performers the company has had for the past 3-4 years. He got looked over for the Mania main event for Rock. That's one thing, getting passed over for Batista is quite another. We get it, as fans, we're frustrated by that decision making as well. but to throw your toys out of the pram and head home, is unprofessional no matter what way you slice it. It's also, as I said in another thread, a bit of a fuck you to fans who spent a lot of money buying tickets to upcoming shows to see him. Specifically the Chicago fans. So I don't think it was an over exaggeration to say he handed it poorly.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Messiah » Mar 04, '14, 7:07 am

Daz wrote:Of course WWE are going to make a huge push to get him back. He's hugely popular, sells a lot of merchandise and is a Main Event star in the company ... bottom line, he makes them money. They're gonna be in a poorer financial position without him. Why wouldn't they want him back?

I know exactly why the WWE wants him back. My point is PorkChop is acting like Punk is begging to come back, as if now he's contacting the WWE hoping to come back. Punk hasn't said a single word since he has left and yet for some reason people continue to criticize him as if he is acting out of order.

That doesn't somehow excuse the fact what he did was extremely unprofessional. If you're unhappy at work, I think we can all agree, leaving mid-way through the day isn't the best way to handle it. If someone gets promoted ahead of you, who you feel isn't qualified, or they hire somebody from outside the company who isn't trained to do what you do, or if the people in management are just dicks ... you have every right to complain. you have every right to quit. You have every right to find other forms of employment. But there's a right way to do things. You resign, work your notice, then fuck off.

So what are your feelings on unions? Or the boycotts we have seen to ensure a better working environment? Or athletes who hold out for better contracts? Are they all unprofessional too? The only reason you don't see it more in the wrestling business is because there is no union for wrestlers and because A) most wrestlers lack an education and can't really go elsewhere and B) don't have enough money to just leave.

I am still unclear as to how Punk is being unprofessional. He left the night after the Royal Rumble. He gave them ample time to adjust, which they did. Punk, according to reports, had been planned to leave but wasn't given the opportunity to tell Vince until about an hour before the show. Punk hasn't criticized the company. He hasn't come out and said anything. So how is he acting unprofessional? Should he have just stuck around despite being tired of the direction and extremely worn out?

And it is clear the WWE doesn't have nearly as much of a problem with Punk as you guys do. They had Heyman openly praise him on live television. They had Mathews acknowledge the chants on the pre-show. They haven't tried to throw him under the bus, something the WWE typically does in these kind of situations.

I could understand if Punk left the day of the Royal Rumble. That would have been unprofessional. But he did as he was told to do and then he decided he couldn't go on any longer and informed McMahon PRIVATELY that he was leaving. You guys are also assuming he only left because of creative direction. Maybe he was just burnt out too, as all the reports have been saying? Or does that not matter? He's been hurt for months now. I imagine the only thing keeping him going was the possibility of headlining WrestleMania but that clearly went down the drain. And if anything, Punk did the WWE a favor if he was planning to leave in July anyway. He didn't toy around with anyone. He is giving them time to replace him. It is not Punk's fault the WWE is a poorly run company.

But, even if I were to admit he handled it poorly, it is still funny how everyone acts like him leaving caused the WrestleMania card to change completely. It is just people making up crap (not really talking about PorkChop; plenty of people keep saying it). If anything, Punk did Bryan a favor.

Also, another thing. This is Vince McMahon we are talking about. If all of this by Punk was really that unprofessional, do you think McMahon would be wanting him back so much this soon? The guy even said he was on a sabbatical (although I do wonder if he actually meant it that way).

Last edited by Messiah on Mar 04, '14, 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby PorkChop » Mar 04, '14, 7:13 am

Messiah wrote:
Daz wrote:Of course WWE are going to make a huge push to get him back. He's hugely popular, sells a lot of merchandise and is a Main Event star in the company ... bottom line, he makes them money. They're gonna be in a poorer financial position without him. Why wouldn't they want him back?

I know exactly why the WWE wants him back. My point is PorkChop is acting like Punk is begging to come back, as if now he's contacting the WWE hoping to come back. Punk hasn't said a single word since he has left and yet for some reason people continue to criticize him as if he is acting out of order.

Never said he was begging the WWE brass to come back - I have no idea what he's doing behind the scenes, who he's spoken to, whatever. I don't really care. I said they he can't walk in and walk out of the company when he feels like it.

He has a commitment to WWE and the fans to be at the shows he was advertised for, the shows where he was most likely a major factor in people's decisions to purchase tickets. He can't just jack it in at the drop of a hat.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Messiah » Mar 04, '14, 7:22 am

PorkChop wrote:
Messiah wrote:

Never said he was begging the WWE brass to come back - I have no idea what he's doing behind the scenes, who he's spoken to, whatever. I don't really care. I said they he can't walk in and walk out of the company when he feels like it.

He has a commitment to WWE and the fans to be at the shows he was advertised for, the shows where he was most likely a major factor in people's decisions to purchase tickets. He can't just jack it in at the drop of a hat.

He threw a tantrum backstage and walked out, major (and shitty) changes were made to the WrestleMania card because of his actions and now all of a sudden he wants back in.

That is what I based what I said off of. Again as well, this "he threw a tantrum backstage" thing. Nothing we have heard about the situation seems to indicate anything like that happening. It's an exaggeration to try and throw Punk under the bus, whether you meant to or not.

And just like Vince doesn't seem to be bothered and still wants him back quite a bit, the fans don't seem to be nearly that bothered either. They chant his name every week and understand why he left. Again, if Punk had left during the middle of a show or during the midst of a huge storyline (and yes, he was set to face HHH at 'Mania but had he and HHH even confronted each other really? It wasn't really that big of a deal at that point which is why they easily transitioned from it) I would agree. Heck, if it was after Elimination Chamber with WrestleMania nearby, I would agree. But he did it at a logical point and didn't and hasn't made any noise about it. Maybe he could have waited until July to leave. But what he wound up doing is not that big of an issue, at least not nearly as much as some make it out to be, especially when calling him a "bitch" for it.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Daz » Mar 04, '14, 7:39 am

Messiah wrote:

So what are your feelings on unions? Or the boycotts we have seen to ensure a better working environment? Or athletes who hold out for better contracts? Are they all unprofessional too? The only reason you don't see it more in the wrestling business is because there is no union for wrestlers and because A) most wrestlers lack an education and can't really go elsewhere and B) don't have enough money to just leave.

I am still unclear as to how Punk is being unprofessional. He left the night after the Royal Rumble. He gave them ample time to adjust, which they did. Punk, according to reports, had been planned to leave but wasn't given the opportunity to tell Vince until about an hour before the show. Punk hasn't criticized the company. He hasn't come out and said anything. So how is he acting unprofessional? Should he have just stuck around despite being tired of the direction and extremely worn out?

And it is clear the WWE doesn't have nearly as much of a problem with Punk as you guys do. They had Heyman openly praise him on live television. They had Mathews acknowledge the chants on the pre-show. They haven't tried to throw him under the bus, something the WWE typically does in these kind of situations.

I could understand if Punk left the day of the Royal Rumble. That would have been unprofessional. But he did as he was told to do and then he decided he couldn't go on any longer and informed McMahon PRIVATELY that he was leaving. You guys are also assuming he only left because of creative direction. Maybe he was just burnt out too, as all the reports have been saying? Or does that not matter? He's been hurt for months now. I imagine the only thing keeping him going was the possibility of headlining WrestleMania but that clearly went down the drain. And if anything, Punk did the WWE a favor if he was planning to leave in July anyway. He didn't toy around with anyone. He is giving them time to replace him. It is not Punk's fault the WWE is a poorly run company.

But, even if I were to admit he handled it poorly, it is still funny how everyone acts like him leaving caused the WrestleMania card to change completely. It is just people making up crap (not really talking about PorkChop; plenty of people keep saying it). If anything, Punk did Bryan a favor.

Also, another thing. This is Vince McMahon we are talking about. If all of this by Punk was really that unprofessional, do you think McMahon would be wanting him back so much this soon? The guy even said he was on a sabbatical (although I do wonder if he actually meant it that way).

Let's boil this down simply. Punk makes a lot of money for what he does. He travels around in a luxury tour bus. He's upset he's not being positioned better on the card and upset in the creative direction the company is taking. There's no need to bring unions and better work environments and mistreatment etc. into the argument because it's not applicable. How I feel about those things, doesn't relate to this issue.

On the subject of athlete's holding out for better contracts, I have my own thoughts. All you need to do is look at the Football thread to see my thoughts on Wes Hoolahan, a Norwich City player (the team I support), who slated the team, the city and it's fan in a bid to engineer a move to Aston Villa. He scored for my team on the weekend, against Villa no less and chose not to celebrate the goal. I think that's disgraceful, unprofessional and disrespectful, regardless of his worth to the squad and the club as a whole. I feel much the same way about that as I do about the Punk situation.

As far as the WWE goes, again I'll use the Hoolahan example. Of course the club/WWE don't have as much a problem with it as the fans. They'll forgive because they need his services to make money or in Norwich City's case, avoid relegation, which will again put them in a poorer financial position. It's simple logic. They're hardly gonna throw him under the bus when they want to entice him back to the company, especially before Mania, because the card at Mania and therefore the bottom line of PPV sales/WWE Network subscriptions & views could take a significant hit without him.

He up and left an hour before the show. He up and left the day of a show people had paid good money to see him on... how you fail to see how unprofessional that is, baffles me somewhat. As you fail to see where I and others are coming from on this issue, I fail to see where you're coming from. Had he said at that Raw, he wanted to leave because of this reason or that reason, then agreed to work maybe until the Elimination Chamber ... I would agree with your point about giving them ample time to adjust. Also, like I said, he has every right to be tired of this or that. He has every right to be tired of creative and worn out. But again, walking out before a show isn't the correct way to deal with those issues. It's disrespectful in my view to the people who pay your cheque and the people who use theirs to fucking watch you. I don't think I can put it any clearer than that.

On the topic of being burned out and WWE being a poorly run company. Nobody has disputed this. In fact, I openly agreed with Punk's reasoning. I'd be pissed off too. I'd be fucking fuming. but you honour your commitments. If it were me, I wouldn't have walked out the night of a show. You say you'd have understood if he did it the night before the Rumble. He did it the night of a Raw ... Surely that's the same thing.

As far as the Vince comment goes, that's just asinine. Eric Bischoff tried to put him out of business. Went out of his way to hurt Vince, Vine's company, and nearly cost the jobs of hundreds if not thousands of people during the Monday Night Wars. Few years later, he's working for Vince. Vince can be awful forgiving when he can make money out of a situation. Time and time again over the years, he's worked with people who have repeatedly slated him in the public forum, left the WWE on bitter terms, why? Money. Simple. Also, unprofessional or not, he might just like the guy. you never know. So yes, I do believe he'd want him back. Even if Punk had been on Twitter every day since he left, lambasting him and calling him every name under the sun.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Next

Return to WWE