It is currently: Jun 04, '24, 6:47 am

Should the HOF ceremony be a part of WM or on its own?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Should the HOF ceremony be a part of WM or on its own?

Postby Westcoastvibes » Feb 27, '14, 10:31 pm

After watching the HOF induction of Kurt Angle on TNA tonight I could not ignore the electricity and emotion being offered by the live audience.

This got me thinking about WWE's HOF ceremony and how they go about it. WWE puts a lot of focus on the inductee but the majority of the show is centered around other wrestlers showing their support and admiration for the inductee with very little fan interaction. The ceremony is treated more like the grammys or golden globes where its more about ratings and star power than honoring someone's achievements.

Would WWE get a better reaction to the HOF if they were to include it in WM as a preshow or halftime segment? Have the induction ceremony held in the ring on on stage with tens of thousands of fans cheering and chanting in absolute support of the inductee. Could you imagine The Rock being inducted live in front of the WM crowd instead of in a banquet hall with a select few fans? The atmosphere would be something that could never be achieved anywhere else, WWE could never get any sort of a reaction like that from an awards ceremony style induction.

I for one think that doing a live induction during WM would make it that much more special for the inductee and the fans, the current ceremony just feels to impersonal, to bland, to formal.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 98

Re: Should the HOF ceremony be a part of WM or on its own?

Postby Messiah » Feb 28, '14, 6:19 am

The only issue is WWE fans at WrestleMania are a bit... unpredictable. I like it the way it is. Gives it a more special feeling. Plus, WrestleMania should be about settling feuds. I wouldn't like something to take away from it.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby The Legend » Feb 28, '14, 6:29 am

I like it the way it is. There's some fan interaction and you get some of the electricity and still have that special moment. Also, Angle's a one hall of famer it was a relatively short thing. The WWE hall of fame class would either be blown past and discredit them the time they deserve or it would be so long that it would make the crowd restless as they wait for Mania or burn them out before the show even got started.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby ShaneOfan » Feb 28, '14, 6:33 am

I know this may sound bad but I don't want it to be part of Mania because I simply don't care enough about it to want to watch it.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby HardcoreLegend » Feb 28, '14, 6:36 am

I like the fact the HOF ceremony comes off as prestigious, that's what it's meant to be! You have a mix of wrestlers showing their admiration and respect to those getting inducted as well of the fans being present to show their support. If it was done in the ring, you wouldn't have the opportunity for the other wrestlers to show their respect.

That being said, I have never watched a HOF ceremony. They've always come across as a little long winded and boring, so maybe some sort of change could help.

HardcoreLegend None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 50

Return to WWE