It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 5:10 am

Undertaker interview with Stone Cold Steve Austin

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Undertaker interview with Stone Cold Steve Austin

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jan 05, '20, 10:08 am

So, I was browsing Youtube for something to listen to whilst I did the boring house chores, and came across an interview Undertaker did with Stone Cold Steve Austin towards the end of 2019. It's on the Network as part of Austin's podcast which WWE seemed to be hosting.

It was a good listen as it's rare to hear 'Taker talking outside of his gimmick but the big takeaway for me was it's clear there are people (HHH, HBK, Vince) blowing smoke up his arse and telling him he can still do it (a WM or a Saudi Arabia gig) when clearly judging by the evidence of his performances, he needs to call it a day. As much as he may being tempted to return, he's a bloke with a firm mind on what works for him so it's a shame he can't see what the audience can see, which is he has been done for a while.

Perhaps if he hadn't been concussed with Lesnar, the match may have been a memorable one enough for him to call it quits - never mind the Goldberg Saudi match that was awful, the Roman Reigns match wasn't great either.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: Undertaker interview with Stone Cold Steve Austin

Postby The Legend » Jan 06, '20, 10:43 am

I've never seen it, but I'm guessing his Saudi appearances probably still go over pretty well, which is probably the best way to use him going forward.

His character is so unique and in some ways limiting, but I wonder if WWE has ever considered using Taker in a mentor/man ager role where he takes a character under his wing and tries to get his protege over in the same menacing/scary/spooky ways. It could work and might be interesting to see him try, because, as limiting as some view his character to be there have been a lot of great moments and there isn't a character in WWE that could give similar types of stories in the next generation.

Damian Priest kind of has the right type of look, style and basic character to kind of take on that persona, but give it a different and unique twist.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Return to WWE