It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 8:43 am

The dark side of gaming

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

The dark side of gaming

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Sep 01, '16, 4:02 am

The Dark Side of Gaming

I've never played online sadly and I feel I've missed out. Primarily to play with other games as it's lonely knocking about on your own but I've seen videos of live chat during gaming which is outright racist but personally, I would be able to laugh it off but the concerted attempts to harass someone is extreme and frightening for the people involved.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: The dark side of gaming

Postby SlightlyJames » Sep 01, '16, 6:01 am

Yeah I remember when TB decided to stop looking at his twitter and stuff, shame that people can be so weird about that stupid fucking hashtag. That's more to do with social media surrounding gaming news outlets mind you, not online gaming itself.

As far as playing games online, like 80% of my experiences interacting with people in games are positive, it might be more to do with the kind of games I play but people are generally there to enjoy themselves, folk get salty now and then but it's pretty rare to run into straight up cunts, although far from unheard of.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Return to Gaming and Technology