It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 9:29 am

New mobile phone recommendations

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

New mobile phone recommendations

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Aug 30, '16, 7:39 am

I've had my Samsung Galaxy Ace since 2011 and it's battery life is getting poorer by the day so deciding to join Giff Gaff (sim only deal and heard only good things about it) and get an upgrade on this current model.

I don't mind the size being slightly bigger than the Ace, but looking for an improvement with memory. Not sure if it's the case for all Android phones but the lack of ability to save onto your sd card is utterly annoying.

Recommendations appreciated!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: New mobile phone recommendations

Postby PorkChop » Sep 05, '16, 6:44 pm

As a Windows phone user, I'd recommend Windows phone if you want minimalism, Cortana, and an afforadable plan.

However if you want the following -

- good, interesting, popular and fun apps
- social media apps which don't crash constantly
- not having Bing integrated with literally everything
- a browser other than Internet Explorer
- customisable phone cases
- a decent camera
- a decent phone

then don't get a Windows phone.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Sep 06, '16, 4:07 am

PorkChop wrote:As a Windows phone user, I'd recommend Windows phone if you want minimalism, Cortana, and an afforadable plan.

However if you want the following -

- good, interesting, popular and fun apps
- social media apps which don't crash constantly
- not having Bing integrated with literally everything
- a browser other than Internet Explorer
- customisable phone cases
- a decent camera
- a decent phone

then don't get a Windows phone.

Funnily enough, I've got a Windows Phone - Microsoft Lumia 520 - for work and it isn't too shabby I must say. Would need to dig in deep on some reviews to see if it could tempt me. Heading towards a Samsung S5 but I'm a ditherer so probably waste on looking for other options!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Sep 09, '16, 7:02 am

Gone for the Motorola G4 which came highly recommended on review websites, bought phone, case, plus a charger to aid quicker charging for under £200.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Return to Gaming and Technology