It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 11:04 pm

Pokemon Go

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

Re: Pokemon Go

Postby JPG619 » Jul 16, '16, 6:49 pm

EmperorWu wrote:
JPG619 wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:Incredible amount of people I see on FB posting pictures of Pokemon's on their car dashboards, going out for random walks to play and obtain more Pokemons. The creators of the game must be chuffed, $1m already but they've had to re-assure people on data being obtained through the games which isn't anything but basic details but most people are hardly like to care as they walk into a lampost looking for these Pokemons!

That funny well there reports of people trespassing on government properties like Police station trying to catch them too it. Also people got hit by cars since they are looking at his or her phone. This game is trying to get people killed i think.

Or maybe people are just fucking stupid?

I agree with you there too.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 29

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 16, '16, 7:39 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:Weird, I'd heard about this game when it was in development but I never really thought it would get big. I guess Pokemon is still pretty damn big, even though the game is supposedly pretty mediocre everybody and their dog is playing it right now. Wonder what this will mean for the sales of Gen 7 when it comes out in a few months.

Probably going to get a boost. I bet Nintendo wishes they'd released Sun and Moon closer to Go.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 472

Postby Viazon » Jul 18, '16, 12:39 pm

I started playing this. Just to see what it was like. It's fun I guess. I will probably just be a casual player. I don't see myself going on long walks, looking around for Pokemon. But will probably play now and then when I feel like it. I am a bit bummed out though. For some reason, my login information wouldn't work anymore. I don't know why. So I had register again. Which means I have started from the beginning. And the nickname I came up with before was already in use, because I was using it. Which means I had to come up with a new one.

One question I have though about the Pokemon you catch. I had many duplicates. Do you keep all of them? Surely you don't need many of the same. What about leveling up and evolving? You have an option to do either. Do I keep leveling up before I evolve them or should I just evolve them straight away?

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby DBSoT » Jul 18, '16, 1:02 pm

Viazon wrote:I started playing this. Just to see what it was like. It's fun I guess. I will probably just be a casual player. I don't see myself going on long walks, looking around for Pokemon. But will probably play now and then when I feel like it. I am a bit bummed out though. For some reason, my login information wouldn't work anymore. I don't know why. So I had register again. Which means I have started from the beginning. And the nickname I came up with before was already in use, because I was using it. Which means I had to come up with a new one.

One question I have though about the Pokemon you catch. I had many duplicates. Do you keep all of them? Surely you don't need many of the same. What about leveling up and evolving? You have an option to do either. Do I keep leveling up before I evolve them or should I just evolve them straight away?
Sell your duplicates for candy. Use the candy to evolve the pokemon. I don't keep more than 1 of any pokemon. I will keep 1 of each evolved kind of the same Pokemon. Basically if I evolve a Pidgey to a Pidgeotto, I will add a Pidgey to replace it.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Twister » Jul 18, '16, 4:48 pm

Viazon, there servers were mostly down at the weekend. I had the same message telling me my log in details were wrong. But it wasn't my log in, it was the servers crashing due to the sheer volume of users. Have you tried getting back into your account since? You may be able to get it back.

I don't keep multiples of be same Pokemon, I try to catch everything I come across and then transfer them to the prof if I end up with duplicates in exchange for candy.

Enjoying the game so far. Haven't really been on any walks just to catch Pokemon as I don't really have the time but if I'm out and about I will check in occasionally in the hope that I will find a poke stop or a new Pokemon to catch. Off on holiday soon so will have lots of opportunities to play then. Only on level 4 but it's a lot of fun, can't believe how many people I've seen walking up and down my street playing this game. And this afternoon there were a bunch of school kids congregating around the local library as its a pokestop. Even my 3 year old has given it a go.

Nice to see people getting out and about and enjoying the weather. If people are stupid enough to fall of cliffs, walk and into the road without looking whilst playing this game then that's entirely their fault, not the fault of the game and its creators. They can only do so much, it doesn't hurt to use a bit of common sense when playing.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Kein » Jul 18, '16, 5:57 pm

My only gripe with the game is pokemon only spawn in high cell phone traffic zones. It's hard for rural and suburban areas to get pokestops for resources and get pokemon to spawn. Otherwise it seems pretty fun.

Trading and Battles to come apparently.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author
Topics: 15

Previous

Return to Gaming and Technology