It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 6:15 pm

Pokemon Go

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

Pokemon Go

Postby Kein » Jul 10, '16, 4:08 pm

Surprised no one has posted about this. Unless I'm blind.

Seems to be sweeping the world. I won't lie I am interested, a fair number of my friends have it, but I can't be bothered to look at my phone all the time stopping whatever I am doing and searching for pokemon on the spot. I hear the app doesn't really run in the background so it has to be on the main screen, and it also sucks the life out of your battery.

Those minor things aside, it seems really interesting and fun. Not sure if people are complaining there are only the original 151 pokemon, but I'm sure more will be added in time. I only know about the catching, lures, pokestops, and gyms existing. I have no idea how battles work.

I shoulda bought some Nintendo stock though, that's what.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 15

Re: Pokemon Go

Postby Kreashko » Jul 10, '16, 5:09 pm

I haven't gotten it either but damn, it looks pretty dang sweet.

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Postby War Daddy » Jul 10, '16, 8:31 pm

Team Mystic, fuck the world!

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 122

Postby Kein » Jul 10, '16, 11:22 pm

War Daddy wrote:Team Mystic, fuck the world!

You mean Rocket?

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author
Topics: 15

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 10, '16, 11:58 pm

Kein wrote:
War Daddy wrote:Team Mystic, fuck the world!

You mean Rocket?

Wasn't it Galactic?

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Jul 11, '16, 1:18 am

The crazy thing is, that if you drive around or even walk around, you will most definitely walk into some people playing it. Its actually pretty fun, trying to find all of them and helping out each other.

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 119

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jul 11, '16, 6:49 am

Its the start of a zombie apocalypse. I almost ran over a kid and his dad yesterday because they were blindly staring at their phones and step right into the road without looking.

Worst was at the city park, the town was holding a vigil for the fallen officers in dallas and their was at least 20 people who walked right threw the demonstration holding a phone in front of their face oblivious to what was going on.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Everlong » Jul 11, '16, 7:40 am

I went out on a half hour walk yesterday and ran into like 8 people playing, it's great.

TEAM MYSTIC ALL THE WAY :tim

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby UTK » Jul 11, '16, 8:56 am

Every person on the face of the Earth chooses the blue team.

I'm only level 4, but I'm going red when I can, fuck y'all

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Everlong » Jul 11, '16, 9:27 am

^That's cus we don't wanna be commies like you

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 11, '16, 2:18 pm

Had no idea it was a game on a handheld phone, assumed it was some sort of console game! But it's not out in the UK but people here are already circumventing the rules to play it but luckily my old phone panics at the sight of any incomings to its already minimal memory so not for me, look forward to reading more crazy stories of people playing it though.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby ChrisCrossed » Jul 11, '16, 8:10 pm

Team Valor all the way! :tim

ChrisCrossed Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 9

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 11, '16, 9:01 pm

I don't have a Smartphone and don't plan on buying one, but it's awesome how super popular Pokemon still is after all these years.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby PorkChop » Jul 12, '16, 11:36 am

> tfw windows phone

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 12, '16, 2:42 pm

Incredible amount of people I see on FB posting pictures of Pokemon's on their car dashboards, going out for random walks to play and obtain more Pokemons. The creators of the game must be chuffed, $1m already but they've had to re-assure people on data being obtained through the games which isn't anything but basic details but most people are hardly like to care as they walk into a lampost looking for these Pokemons!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby JPG619 » Jul 15, '16, 2:53 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Incredible amount of people I see on FB posting pictures of Pokemon's on their car dashboards, going out for random walks to play and obtain more Pokemons. The creators of the game must be chuffed, $1m already but they've had to re-assure people on data being obtained through the games which isn't anything but basic details but most people are hardly like to care as they walk into a lampost looking for these Pokemons!

That funny well there reports of people trespassing on government properties like Police station trying to catch them too it. Also people got hit by cars since they are looking at his or her phone. This game is trying to get people killed i think.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby EmperorWu » Jul 15, '16, 4:07 pm

JPG619 wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:Incredible amount of people I see on FB posting pictures of Pokemon's on their car dashboards, going out for random walks to play and obtain more Pokemons. The creators of the game must be chuffed, $1m already but they've had to re-assure people on data being obtained through the games which isn't anything but basic details but most people are hardly like to care as they walk into a lampost looking for these Pokemons!

That funny well there reports of people trespassing on government properties like Police station trying to catch them too it. Also people got hit by cars since they are looking at his or her phone. This game is trying to get people killed i think.

Or maybe people are just fucking stupid?

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby EmperorWu » Jul 15, '16, 4:09 pm

Level 17, Team Valor FTW!

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 62

Postby SlightlyJames » Jul 16, '16, 4:46 am

Weird, I'd heard about this game when it was in development but I never really thought it would get big. I guess Pokemon is still pretty damn big, even though the game is supposedly pretty mediocre everybody and their dog is playing it right now. Wonder what this will mean for the sales of Gen 7 when it comes out in a few months.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 16, '16, 2:20 pm

JPG619 wrote:

Safety concerns have been raised (case raised in America with a person on the sex offenders register meeting a child within the vicinity of a US court) but in a way, I think it's tricky for the developers because they can only do so much. I don't know they are able to protect kids from playing the game and going on their travels - that's where the responsibility of parents come in to oversee that and make sure they aren't going out on their own to places.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Next

Return to Gaming and Technology