It is currently: Apr 19, '24, 5:19 am

Mass Effect: Andromeda

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Postby Kreashko » Jun 18, '16, 6:38 pm

Who else is excited for this? Anybody? Anybody?

Last edited by Kreashko on Jun 19, '16, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 45

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 18, '16, 7:26 pm

I would like to be excited for it due to my appreciation for past Mass Effect games, but after Dragon Age Inquisition my faith in BioWare took a nosedive. They've gone out of their way to show as little of it as possible and key people have been leaving the company at an alarming rate. They actually brought Drew Karpyshyn back to the company and put him on the damn MMO instead of Andromeda.

This is a wait for reviews game for me, everything points towards it being a let down so as much as I love Mass Effect I won't allow myself to be excited for it.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby EmperorWu » Jun 19, '16, 3:44 am

WTF was wrong with Dragon Age?

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Kreashko » Jun 19, '16, 9:24 am

I just thought I'd add the 1st trailer. Enjoy!

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

Topic Author

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 19, '16, 10:24 am

EmperorWu wrote:WTF was wrong with Dragon Age?

Unfortunately the Inquisition devs seemed to feel that sheer game length was the most important factor so they filled the game to the brim with awful fetch quests, a good deal of which were necessary to progress the story because the main missions were gated behind Inquisition points or whatever the arbitrary currency for that was.

The load times were atrocious as well. God forbid you forget something when you're leaving your base, because if you do you'll be subjected to three consecutive monster loading screens as a punishment. And it wasn't even worth it, the environments were big, expansive and completely bare, the game really is the perfect example of why not to make your game open world if you don't know what you're doing.

That War Table thing was a pain in the arse, later on the quests took multiple days of real time to complete, reinforcing the idea that the developers fully intended you to be out picking flowers and collecting bear asses all day long as if that's compelling gameplay. At least let me do that shit from a menu or a bloody mobile app would even be a step up from having to suffer two loading screens and a load of walking just to tell my dudes to go fill up a basket of crafting resources.

If they can make an arse of Dragon Age like they did, they can certainly do it to Mass Effect, especially with so many key personnel from the original games not around anymore it's very difficult to have any sort of faith in BioWare right now. I won't write it off and I'll be happy if the game turns out to be good (though given initial reviews of Inquisition I'll be waiting a good few months/taking a proper good look myself before I make any judgement).

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby War Daddy » Jun 19, '16, 10:33 am

EmperorWu wrote:WTF was wrong with Dragon Age?

Nothing, absolutely nothing.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Everlong » Jun 19, '16, 11:25 am

I want so much to be excited about this game but I have about as much faith in Bioware as I have in Ubisoft at this point. The Mass Effect universe is incredible and I love the idea of more games featuring different characters and settings, but I'm just really worried it'll be executed poorly.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Kreashko » Feb 04, '17, 7:30 pm

Mass Effect: Andromeda is only a little over a month away. Anyone still hyped for this?

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

Topic Author

Return to Gaming and Technology