It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 9:46 pm

Microsoft to buy LinkedIn for $26bn

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

Microsoft to buy LinkedIn for $26bn

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jun 14, '16, 1:06 pm

A big move to buy LinkedIn and I could see and imagine Microsoft using LinkedIn with Office 365 but amazed it went for that fee but maybe that's me, as an amateur LinkedIn user. S

Speaking but the thing with LinkedIn is that it's probably abit too complicated and too broad as a userface. I know the basics but if things were defined bit simpler, I think I could use it more but I just use it here and there.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: Microsoft to buy LinkedIn for $26bn

Postby DBSoT » Jun 14, '16, 1:22 pm

This acquisition is genius. Linkedin is the most underrated form of social media. At some point in the future it will be the main way people find employment. Careerbuilder, Monster, Indeed, etc are garbage because when people apply to jobs through those sites there resumes hit a database and they become a number. Linkedin allows employers and recruiters a chance to directly connect with potential candidates without going through the lengthy application process. Linkedin's biggest issue is that it can be a bit much for someone who isn't familiar with its interface. Microsoft can help with that and will have the cash to market it correctly.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 218

Postby Everlong » Jun 14, '16, 3:28 pm

I've always felt like LinkedIn was a great idea with piss poor execution. Gonna be interested to see what kind of twist Microsoft puts on it.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby PorkChop » Jun 14, '16, 3:29 pm

Everlong wrote:I've always felt like LinkedIn was a great idea with piss poor execution. Gonna be interested to see what kind of twist Microsoft puts on it.

Tiles. Tiles everywhere.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Return to Gaming and Technology