It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 2:12 am

"The Journey" - FIFA 17 Story Mode

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

"The Journey" - FIFA 17 Story Mode

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 12, '16, 3:35 pm

Seems pretty interesting. From what I've read you play as this Alex Hunter chap and choose any Premier League club to join (probably why they've added authentic managers). I'm quite interested in this, one of the coolest new things I've seen added to FIFA< excited to try it.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 275

Re: "The Journey" - FIFA 17 Story Mode

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jun 13, '16, 1:07 pm

Not a FIFA player but this is a new addition to the game. I'm not so sure how many FIFA players will go on the journey, most people seem to just want to play online with their mates but for the more dedicated individuals or those who prefer to play online, could see the attraction and if the writing, cutscenes added to the gameplay is good as it has been recently then it could be a success.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Postby Twister » Jun 13, '16, 1:58 pm

Looks interesting. My partner might like this, he doesn't really play online and prefers creating his own player and starting from the bottom so this seems like it would be up his street. Possibly mine too.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby War Daddy » Jun 13, '16, 7:52 pm

I dont need Alex, lemme be War Daddy.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jun 14, '16, 1:03 pm

I was reading a piece on the BBC website which noted how 2K Games storyline mode was criticised in several reviews but with football, I don't think FIFA players are going to get all annoyed or distracted sufficiently with this new game mode. It's a challenge to add new things to an annual game release and if the writing is realistic, then it could be a success but I'd be amazed if it returned for next yea's edition of FIFA.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Return to Gaming and Technology