It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 1:51 pm

PS Vita voucher query

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

PS Vita voucher query

Postby AkydefGoldberg » May 07, '16, 1:58 pm

I've had my PS Vita for a couple of years but looking to sell it as I'll be getting a small tablet instead as I found I use the former primarily for Twitter and haven't played the games I've got - FIFA 15/Football Manager Classic - so time to get rid.

The Football Manager game came part of the console as a package deal so it was a voucher that I redeemed online and then downloaded the game IIRC. Question is - if I sell it, will the new owner be able to use that voucher code again to download the game or is it worth keeping the game on the console?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: PS Vita voucher query

Postby SlightlyJames » May 07, '16, 2:05 pm

It will have been a single use voucher, they won't be able to use it again. The game will be tied to your PSN account, so unless you leave that on the console (poor, poor idea for security purposes) they won't be able to play it either even if you leave the game installed.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby AkydefGoldberg » May 08, '16, 10:56 am

SlightlyJames wrote:It will have been a single use voucher, they won't be able to use it again. The game will be tied to your PSN account, so unless you leave that on the console (poor, poor idea for security purposes) they won't be able to play it either even if you leave the game installed.

Is there no way to transfer the game to another account? No biggie, got FIFA 15 in the deal but anything that helps me get extra pennies!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Postby SlightlyJames » May 08, '16, 10:59 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Is there no way to transfer the game to another account?

Nope, pretty sure it's tied to that account for good.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Return to Gaming and Technology