It is currently: Apr 25, '24, 8:42 am

The Division

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

The Division

Postby War Daddy » Mar 14, '16, 10:30 pm

How is no one talking about this? What a fantastic game! The firefights are the most intense situaitons I ever been in. Anyone playing on the Xbox One? If so add me: SwoleBroGaming.

Let's run the Dark Zone together!

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 122

Re: The Division

Postby Circled Square » Mar 14, '16, 10:32 pm

Holy fuck. a video game worth purchasing in 2016?

Tell me more.

And that gamer tag lmao :lol

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Messiah » Mar 14, '16, 11:04 pm

I'm mixed about this game so far.

The missions are extremely repetitive. Like, repetitive as hell. One of the most repetitive games I have ever played. At least to this point (I'm a level 22) and I doubt any of the later story missions will be that much different. I don't think I'm expecting too much. Borderlands 2 is an RPG with far more diversity within its missions, at least when it comes to the major characters you battle. The "bosses" you come across in The Division are basically the same as another boss. It's boring as heck and becomes a huge chore after awhile. At least the missions, when set on hard, are legitimately a challenge, especially depending on who you roll with. So that helps out a bit; I love a challenge and it makes it enjoyable trying to figure out a way to get through a mission with your squad.

The Dark Zone is very underwhelming. It's fun at first. You will get excited once you see a player in the DZ that you can kill and go rogue. But then you will realize how what you do in the Dark Zone is limited. It's cool collecting and extracting gear, but you come across the same AI enemies and you are tasked with doing the same thing; shoot, shoot, shoot. To Ubisoft's credits, these enemies are not easy. I was a Level 22 with my Level 24 friend today and they killed us at the extraction point a couple of times despite only being Level 20s/21s. But it's just boring. You rarely will come across any other player. There was a solid amount at one extraction point but absolutely none at another one, this despite calling for extraction several times. Even if you see another player, there isn't much of an incentive to kill that player and if you go rogue at an extraction point, you are asking to die.

The guns, they are all basically the same. Which doesn't help for the boring as hell, repetitive gun fights. Maybe the end-game weapons/gear will change that.

On the plus side, the skill branch is amazing. I love all the skills, perks, and talents you can possess in this game. The gameplay is very good, as is the atmosphere of the world. They did a good job nailing a lot of the RPG elements.

Is this game worth $60? Eh. I mean, I don't necessarily regret my purchase. I have put a lot of hours in the game with my friends. It's not a bad game. Hard mode for the story missions keep the missions from being completely terrible. Good RPG elements. Good gameplay. But it is a disappointing game. Well, for most people. My expectations for it weren't all that high to begin with.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby EmperorWu » Mar 15, '16, 7:13 am

I played both the pre-order and open betas, but cancelled my pre-order. As fun as it was, especially when you play with friends, I felt like it was going to to be waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too repetitive. My biggest gripe is that there aren't enough players in the world, your group is capped at 4. I would have liked 6, or a "squad" option for your "clan" that would make it easy for two 4 man groups to work together. I spent like 2 hours rogue with my group and at most we only ever got like 6 people coming after us at one time. It shouldn't be that easy to fight off the entire "world". Usually all the players online congregated at one DZ and the rest of the world was basically empty besides the AI. The AI can be a nice challenge, but only in missions when set on hard. I played in the DZ and took out the entire library mob by myself. The variety in gear and loot isn't that good. The mobs are repetitive. I expected all this considering the world it is set in. You can't have much variety in the setting/time period. The graphics are solid, the gameplay is good, overall very fun game, it's solid on all level. However it's insanely repetitive. I guess it comes down to how much gameplay you expect out of your 60 bucks. I felt like I would get tired of it too quickly for it to be worth my money.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby War Daddy » Mar 15, '16, 4:13 pm

I can deal with the repetitiveness due to not having beat the game yet. Plus all my friends love it too, so thats a plus. Im getting my 60 bucks out of it thats for sure.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 122

Postby SortaCreative » Apr 21, '16, 12:21 pm

Game is dogshit :cheers2

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Gaming and Technology