It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 11:06 am

Life Is Strange

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

Life Is Strange

Postby Everlong » Jan 05, '16, 9:24 am

I picked this up on the Steam summer sale and only just got around to playing it, and I'm really impessed. I'm in the 4th chapter now, and it's really cool. Not a whole lot of gameplay... mostly story-based, with plot choices that affect how the rest of your story will go. A sort of virtual choose-your-own-adventure book.

Anyone else given this a shot?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Life Is Strange

Postby SortaCreative » Jan 05, '16, 9:29 am

I've not given it a shot. Seen you pop up in it. My friend Holly has been singing this games praises to me too. Maybe I should give it a shot.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby SlightlyJames » Jan 05, '16, 9:38 am

I've had it installed for months since the last episode came out because a friend of mine keeps recommending it. I've not touched it though and considering how much other stuff I want to get to it may be a while. You never know when the desire to play will hit though.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Everlong » Jan 05, '16, 3:53 pm

SortaCreative wrote:I've not given it a shot. Seen you pop up in it. My friend Holly has been singing this games praises to me too. Maybe I should give it a shot.

Definitely check it out, I can't remember the last time I got so invested in video game characters. Probably Mass Effect.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Jan 06, '16, 1:03 pm

So I finished it yesterday. That's a game that'll definitely stick with me for a while. I'd have to amend my "Best of 2015" list to include this in one of the top two or three spots, for sure.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby JPG619 » Jan 07, '16, 5:49 pm

I saw this game was on my game recommended list during the Steam summer sale so I picked it up then this was just before the release of episode 5.

Normally before I buy a game I go on YouTube and watch someone else play the game first and then make my choice up from there. I watched a small part of the first episode and was hooked on the story line.

I thought this game was really well done story wise and after each episode kept me coming back for more just like the telltale games. In 2 days I played all 4 episodes since i was so wanting more and more. Then when I got to the end of the forth I was like damn I can wait to see how this ends. Now that I finished the game I can't wait for Season 2 to come out since I heard they are making a 2nd game

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Life Is Strange

Postby StanleyMr » May 04, '16, 2:46 am

It came out on disc this past Friday, I believe. A physical copy is about 15 more though.

non-stealth edit: I always say, if you're not making a dedicated stealth game, you probably shouldn't include a stealth sequence in your game. Never has this been more true than Life is Strange D:

StanleyMr None specified
Mark
Mark

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby Everlong » May 04, '16, 7:44 am

StanleyMr wrote:It came out on disc this past Friday, I believe. A physical copy is about 15 more though.

non-stealth edit: I always say, if you're not making a dedicated stealth game, you probably shouldn't include a stealth sequence in your game. Never has this been more true than Life is Strange D:

Yeah, that stealth sequence was really out of place. Fortunately I didn't feel like it really took too much out of the game for me though, it was still a great overall experience.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 11, '16, 10:22 am

Played it while my internet was down and really enjoyed it. Nice to have some fresh eyes on what I'll call the Telltale-style adventure game (speaking of, played Walking Dead: Michonne as well during that time, which I'm far less fond of). The time travel gimmick was nicely implemented and made for both fun puzzles and plenty of interesting story beats. I liked the characters and got proper invested by the end. Totally agree about that stealth section though :P

Played quite a few new games while I was offline. Been meaning to talk about a few of them. Might get to that later on.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Kreashko » Jun 18, '16, 5:34 pm

I LOVED this game when it came out. #Awesome

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Return to Gaming and Technology