It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 8:16 pm

DARK SOULS III Trailer and Gameplay!

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

DARK SOULS III Trailer and Gameplay!

Postby SlightlyJames » Dec 04, '15, 10:00 am

Man I am all of the hype for this game, I adored Dark Souls and this game looks incredible. We have an exact release date now too! The 12th of April, can't come soon enough brother!

Here's a gameplay video, fair warning to anyone already planning to play the game, it does contain a surprise boss that some may prefer not to spoil for themselves, I do kind of regret watching it because the boss is so cool! :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 275

Re: DARK SOULS III Trailer and Gameplay!

Postby EmperorWu » Dec 04, '15, 8:19 pm

Been a fan since the orginal Demon's Souls came out, and have bought every game since. I will get this no doubt. :headbang My favorite series ever perhaps.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Everlong » Dec 06, '15, 10:02 am

I got Dark Souls 2 for PC on the steam sale last year, still haven't gotten aroudn to playing it because I heard the PC port was a mess. I've heard lots of good things about this franchise though.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby SlightlyJames » Dec 06, '15, 10:05 am

Everlong wrote:I got Dark Souls 2 for PC on the steam sale last year, still haven't gotten aroudn to playing it because I heard the PC port was a mess. I've heard lots of good things about this franchise though.

@Everlong Dark Souls 2 is fine on PC really, I had zero issues with performance. The first Dark Souls is the one that had the shitty port but those issues can be remedied with an easy to install mod called DSfix. If you're going to play one Souls to see if you'll enjoy the series, I would strongly recommend Dark Souls. In my opinion it's the best they have to offer by far.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Dec 06, '15, 10:06 am

^Ah it is the first Dark Souls that I have, never mind.

I'll look into that mod. Thanks!

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Chewy » Dec 30, '15, 11:05 pm

Never really played any of the despite buying both dark souls 1 and 2 on PS3.

Played Bloodborne and i fucking love that game, so at some point I'll probably have a go at those.will probably pick this up when it comes out.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby SlightlyJames » Jan 03, '16, 10:45 am

I finished Bloodborne today and loved it, I was actually searching for Bloodborne to see if folk had talked about it before so I could rave it there and I noticed this

@Chewy
Gameplay footage looks awesome but after playing the first two I'm a bit reluctant to sit and watch myself die a billion times with no story.

Have you played them or not? :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Chewy » Jan 06, '16, 4:05 am

SlightlyJames wrote:I finished Bloodborne today and loved it, I was actually searching for Bloodborne to see if folk had talked about it before so I could rave it there and I noticed this

@Chewy
Gameplay footage looks awesome but after playing the first two I'm a bit reluctant to sit and watch myself die a billion times with no story.

Have you played them or not? :lol

Played the first one for about an hour and made it ten feet, couldn't pass the introduction on the second.

So yes, I've played them, technically but I can't say I have a great grasp on them.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Kein » Apr 11, '16, 5:24 pm

The game is out. Goodbye cruel world. Hello more-cruel world.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby SlightlyJames » Apr 12, '16, 12:12 am

I should have been asleep like four hours ago, I need to come up for air. Dark Souls 3 is bloody fantastic.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Chewy » Apr 22, '16, 3:27 am

Got up to the second final boss, i think. It's bullshit.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby SlightlyJames » Apr 22, '16, 4:00 am

Chewy wrote:Got up to the second final boss, i think. It's bullshit.

Spoiler:
The Twin Princes? That one's not so bad man.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby EmperorWu » Apr 22, '16, 6:00 am

My copy should come in the mail tomorrow. If it doesn't arrive early or at all, there will be blood. :angrysanta

Hyped!

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Chewy » Apr 24, '16, 1:37 am

SlightlyJames wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Just found it real tough to time my rolling because of the teleport delay thing.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Kein » Apr 24, '16, 9:38 pm

I've been taking my time. I am just about done with all the covenants, The Blue Sentinels took forever...

Online at release is just flourishing so much, I am basking in it. The playerbase always dwindles after a while, I am enjoying all the crazy while it's here.

Also my friend is slow, and I am kind of keeping pace with him, why, I don't know, because password system is sweet.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby Kein » May 02, '16, 5:56 pm

Chewy wrote:
SlightlyJames wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Just found it real tough to time my rolling because of the teleport delay thing.

Personally found this to be one of the most enjoyable fights in this installment. Very very fun fight.

There are actually a lot of very fun fights in this one. I think the only one I don't enjoy so much is Pontiff, but I can still appreciate him for his difficulty, and how much of an asshole he is storywise.

Old demon on the other hand...

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby Chewy » Jun 12, '16, 7:22 am

Kein wrote:
Chewy wrote:
SlightlyJames wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Personally found this to be one of the most enjoyable fights in this installment. Very very fun fight.

There are actually a lot of very fun fights in this one. I think the only one I don't enjoy so much is Pontiff, but I can still appreciate him for his difficulty, and how much of an asshole he is storywise.

Old demon on the other hand...

Didn't find Old Demon too bad, but Nameless King and Oceiros can do one.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Kein » Jun 12, '16, 8:03 pm

Old Demon isn't bad he is just boring, and depending if you found him while going through the main zone or went back to him he has a good chunk of hp that punishes greedy melee people, dragging the fight out a bit.

Nameless King... I have mixed feelings about the fellow. He was difficult, but I don't feel he was difficult for the right reasons. The terrain messing with depth perception and the speed of his strikes combined made it a little gimmicky.

I think my favorite bosses are:
Spoiler:
Champion Gundyr
Princes
Abysswatchers
Pontiff

Last time I logged in I was having trouble getting any online action, but I kinda blew my load anyways. I am waiting to get a new video card and for the DLC to hop back on. The draw distance in this game sometimes ruins my framerate and limits my invasion zones.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby Chewy » Jun 18, '16, 5:08 am

Agree with your choices for good bosses, particularly champion gundyr, once you get the parry timings down you can absolutely destroy him, but mess up a bit and he gives you no space and it becomes a very tense fight.

Nameless Kings arena is fucked, the camera on the first phase is unnecessarily frustrating. I didn't find the second phase that bad, but it is definitely now the most instinctive with his strikes timing.

I also liked dancer, felt like a ballet, but one where you get your face cut off.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Return to Gaming and Technology