It is currently: May 05, '24, 9:49 am

Is Star Wars Battlefront any good?

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

Is Star Wars Battlefront any good?

Postby prophet » Dec 03, '15, 11:35 am

I might ask my brother to buy me it for Christmas.

Anyone have any reviews for the game?

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Is Star Wars Battlefront any good?

Postby SlightlyJames » Dec 03, '15, 11:41 am

The prevailing opinion is that no, it's quite average. The game is bare of content, the mechanics are as deep as a puddle and the novelty of the game wears thin quite rapidly. If you're just looking for something to switch off and play for a bit there's no reason it won't do the job but it wouldn't be something I recommend.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby Everlong » Dec 03, '15, 3:21 pm

If you or anyone else pay full price for it you're getting completely robbed. It's really average.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby DBSoT » Dec 03, '15, 4:20 pm

I rented it from Red Box and that was about as much as I would be willing to pay.

Pro:
1) It was fun to play as different characters (Luke, Vader, Emperor Palpatine), however that novelty wears off quickly once you realize you are playing a shooter with a person who doesn't shoot. If you play as Boba Fett the game almost becomes to easy.

2) Shooting mechanics are fine enough, but take some getting used to.

3) The power ups (grenades, jet pack, etc) are cool, but very limited.

Cons:
1) The multiplayer maps aren't tiny, but are a bit small for my liking.

2) Playing with any form of flying machine (Ty-fighter, X-Wing, etc) is horrible. It takes such a long time to get from point A to point B in a straight line. The aiming is off and online feels like a cluster fuck more then fun gameplay.

3) The upgrades are incredibly limited. It will take you about 2 weeks to collect them all. You get three kinds of upgrades. Guns, secondary weapons, and reactions. Reactions are basically in game celebrations (fist bumps, tea bag) for storm troopers. The guns are fine, but I didn't see a big jump from one to the other. The secondary weapons seem cool, but I only had the game for a couple nights and didn't unlock them all.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Chewy » Dec 30, '15, 11:10 pm

I love Star Wars and I was at the end of a Star Wars marathon in preparation for the midnight premiere of episode 7 when I played this. To say I was inclined to love anything Star Wars would be an understatement.

And I thought it was shit and boring.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Return to Gaming and Technology