It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 5:21 am

So I just finished Tales from the Borderlands...

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

So I just finished Tales from the Borderlands...

Postby prophet » Oct 25, '15, 11:30 am

Game of the year. Mine, anyway.

Telltale really knocked it out of the park. They managed to perfectly capture the tone, style and humor of the Borderlands world and created a wonderful story with characters you can't help but care about. Every episode has been brilliant and I can't recommend it highly enough.

I didn't think they'd be able to top their work on The Walking Dead but honestly I think they might have done it. I found myself caring about Rhys, Fiona, Vaughn and Sasha about as much as I care for Clementine (okay, nearly as much. I miss my Clem). Has anyone else been playing this?

I've been enjoying their Game of Thrones series too and can't wait to see how they wrap Season 1 up following the latest episode's absolute heart-breaker of a decision. I'm debating whether or not to play the Minecraft series having never played the game that inspired it; might have to check that out. Walking Dead: Michonne mini-series debuting before the end of the year also! I love Telltale.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: So I just finished Tales from the Borderlands...

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 25, '15, 11:37 am

@prophet

I really dug it, yeah. It's cemented itself as my second favourite Telltale Game after TWD (and honestly it isn't that far away). Each episode was an absolute delight to play through and it has some of the best characterisation Telltale has ever done. In the closing moments of the final episode I was both thrilled that the game was so good and really bloody sad that it was over. Fantastic game.

For what it's worth, I hear the Minecraft one is surprisingly good. I haven't played it yet but a mate of mine has it so I can play through Steam Family Sharing. I'll check it out at some point. Looking forward to the last Game of Thrones next month, I doubt it'll top Borderlands but I'm excited nonetheless.

As far as it being Game of the Year, right now there are three I would consider giving that title to and they are Witcher 3, MGSV and Undertale, the last of which I just finished today. Absolutely brilliant, I would thoroughly reccomend you try that out, it's not a very demanding game so pretty much any PC could run it.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby Messiah » Oct 27, '15, 7:42 pm

Honestly, I avoided this game because I wasn't sure if it could live up to my Telltale expectations. I loved The Walking Dead Season 1 and if I never get a Wolf Among Us sequel, somebody is going to get hurt.

If this game is as good as you two say it is, then I'm going to check it out.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby EmperorWu » Oct 28, '15, 5:26 am

I played the first episode. I was thoroughly impressed. I wasn't expecting much at all. However the story is very engaging, the characters are unique, interesting and charming. Also it's fucking funny. :clap Loved every minute of it. It also seemed like the first episode was a lot longer than the Game of Thrones ones are which is awesome. More bang for your buck. Still haven't played Wolf Among Us or Walking Dead, but GoT season 1 is pretty damn enjoyable. This blew it out of the water however. Are all their games gold?

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 28, '15, 5:32 am

EmperorWu wrote:I played the first episode. I was thoroughly impressed. I wasn't expecting much at all. However the story is very engaging, the characters are unique, interesting and charming. Also it's fucking funny. :clap Loved every minute of it. It also seemed like the first episode was a lot longer than the Game of Thrones ones are which is awesome. More bang for your buck. Still haven't played Wolf Among Us or Walking Dead, but GoT season 1 is pretty damn enjoyable. This blew it out of the water however. Are all their games gold?

Most of them, yeah. The Walking Dead S1 is my favourite but Borderlands and Wolf Among Us are great. Their older games like the Sam & Max revival and Tales of Monkey Island were pretty good too as more traditional point and click games. I haven't played the Minecraft, Jurassic Park or Back to the Future ones though I hear some of them are pretty alright.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Kreashko » Jun 26, '16, 12:37 pm

I'm buying the season pass today seeing as it's only $4.49 on the PSN.

I'll give my thoughts when I'm done with it.

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Postby prophet » Jul 04, '16, 2:39 pm

I finished replaying this the other day and maintain my earlier comment that this was GOTY. Enjoyed it just as much the second time around, maybe more so.

I want more Tales :(

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Kreashko » Feb 04, '17, 7:41 pm

So I finished up TFTBL and I've got to say, it was pretty damn good. Along with every other TellTale games I've played it did not disappoint. I'd give it a 8/10.

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

Topics: 45

Return to Gaming and Technology