It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 6:46 am

Battlefront Beta is out

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

Battlefront Beta is out

Postby SortaCreative » Oct 08, '15, 8:07 am

And it's bad. The shooting feels so lame. Everything is a pick up on the field. The maps lack any cohesion. It's really bad.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Battlefront Beta is out

Postby Everlong » Oct 08, '15, 9:27 am

I'll have to give it a shot, but if this is true then I'm sad.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby UTK » Oct 08, '15, 2:33 pm

Agh, don't tell me that. My buddy is downloading it right now.

Maybe I'll like it since I never really play shooters (or any games for that matter).

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59

Postby Everlong » Oct 09, '15, 12:08 pm

Downloaded it today and playing now. Definitely don't think it's bad, and I don't have an issue with the shooting mechanics. The game looks really slick.

But it's definitely not worth paying 60 bucks for, no way.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby UTK » Oct 10, '15, 9:03 am

Yeah, I don't know what you're talking about, this game is fucking awesome. Maybe it's because I haven't bought a video game since Call of Duty Black Ops, but holy shit the graphics are insane. I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One, so I spent hours the other night playing it at my friend's house. This game is awesome. Only complaint I have is I feel like the "Walker Assault" mode is skewed in the Empire's favor, especially with those damn AT-STs. Fun to use, a bitch to fight.

UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Everlong » Oct 10, '15, 9:26 am

This is a game I'd definitely pay $30 bucks for if the option was available. I guess whether I get it or not depends on if all my other friends I regularly play with online get it, because I can only see this beinga blast if I'm playing with people I know.

But yeah the graphics are gorgeous.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby SortaCreative » Oct 10, '15, 9:39 am

Eh. There's nothing to it.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Oct 10, '15, 9:41 am

One thing I do really dislike about these kinds of games is that you basically get nothing to start out with, you have to earn all your guns and abilities and shit, which means you're basically getting slaughtered by people who have already played a lot. It's frustrating right out the gate. Not saying everyone should start on a level playing field, but at least give me a little more choice over what I get to use.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby EmperorWu » Oct 10, '15, 2:52 pm

Everlong wrote:One thing I do really dislike about these kinds of games is that you basically get nothing to start out with, you have to earn all your guns and abilities and shit, which means you're basically getting slaughtered by people who have already played a lot. It's frustrating right out the gate. Not saying everyone should start on a level playing field, but at least give me a little more choice over what I get to use.

I was slaughtering people right out the gate. This combat is very basic compared to some shooters. I wouldn't even see myself using any other weapon besides the starter one. the unlock able ones didn't seem like any upgrade.

That's the best way to describe it, basic. It was fun for a minute, but overall it lacked a lot of depth. The levels were poorly designed, the graphics weren't all that good, Bullet drop seemed non existent. The guns literally shoot like lasers, you can't miss. :P I was head shotting dudes across the map. Cover is horrrrible, it made it really easy to take guys out, or even worse choke point them in the few places where there is cover and mow them down. The weapons and customization options are bare bones, and unbalanced. Those grenades are bullshit. :lol Still I'll give it a tiny bit of leeway since it is Beta. Still I don't see this game becoming anything ground break. It just comes off as poorly made, stripped down version, of a Black Ops game with a reskin. Also the music sucks. I know it's "classic" but doesn't add tension or excitement. The game Type with the AT-AT things is horribly lopsided, and the other game type is poorly designed. The escape pods don't activate in a fair way. So you can quickly also get a lopsided victory if the game just happens to decide to active them mostly on your side of the spawn.

Subpar on all fronts, but other wise fun for a tiny bit. I wouldn't spend my hard earned money on it though.

Last edited by EmperorWu on Oct 10, '15, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby War Daddy » Oct 10, '15, 2:55 pm

Chill guys, it's a beta.

Still wont spend 60 on it. :lol

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby UTK » Oct 10, '15, 4:42 pm

Man, you gamers are a picky bunch

UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Everlong » Oct 10, '15, 5:03 pm

War Daddy wrote:Chill guys, it's a beta.

Still wont spend 60 on it. :lol

Well with a month and a half to release, this "beta" is going to pretty closely resemble the actual thing.

Very different from Halo 5 beta, which was released almost a year in advance.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby EmperorWu » Oct 10, '15, 6:43 pm

UTK wrote:Man, you gamers are a picky bunch

Every publishers reaction to your standards for what game you'll buy.

I've just been a gamer so long that I'm tired of spending my money on sub-par games, or ones that give you a fraction of a game you paid full price for then hide all the actual content behind paywalls. Until this game comes out I won't judge it too harshly, but I will be honest. It just doesn't stack up. I'm not hating on it really, it was kind of fun, if people like it please buy it.

If you want me to rant about a game, get me started on the scam that is Destiny... :angry4

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby SortaCreative » Oct 10, '15, 7:08 pm

Yeah, these days there's so many games coming out that they have to be really good to get me to buy them. Because it's between something like this or Fallout 4 or Legacy of the Void or something like the Witcher 3. You can't just expect me to buy a half arsed product. Especially from EA who have burned me recently with Battlefield Hardline. That was shit.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Oct 13, '15, 11:13 am

To be honest, I think the game sucks. I'm surprised so many people like it.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Everlong » Oct 13, '15, 1:25 pm

Yeah I played it for even longe rlast night since a few friends wanted to play it. I got even more frustrated.

Seems like it's super easy to spawn camp, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to where you get spawned. There doesn't seem to be nearly as many choices about the class of character you get to play as in the past. I dunno. It's just missing a lot to me.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 13, '15, 1:29 pm

So are we all hype for the $50 Season Pass then? :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby KaiserGlider » Oct 13, '15, 9:11 pm

EmperorWu wrote:I've just been a gamer so long that I'm tired of spending my money on sub-par games, or ones that give you a fraction of a game you paid full price for then hide all the actual content behind paywalls.

Another reason why I love Monster Hunter. Tons of free DLC released every month.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Return to Gaming and Technology