It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 11:56 am

Telltale Games are doing a Walking Dead mini-series focusing on Michonne!

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

Telltale Games are doing a Walking Dead mini-series focusing on Michonne!

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 15, '15, 3:28 pm

Link

This should be pretty cool, their current offerings all exist in the comic universe but aside from the early cameos they're mostly detached. This is a lot closer to the actual comic storyline and puts you in the shoes of a thoroughly established character. It's only 3 episodes but I'll be really excited to get my hands on this!

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 275

Re: Telltale Games are doing a Walking Dead mini-series focusing on Michonne!

Postby Hanley! » Jun 15, '15, 4:38 pm

Should be interesting. I still have to play the second Walking Dead game. I did finally manage to get my hands on The Wolf Among Us though. :P

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 15, '15, 4:42 pm

@Hanley! This game will be unrelated to Season 2, it's across the country where the comic story is going down. Season 2 is worth playing, though, even if it's not as good as The Wolf Among Us it's enjoyable enough.

I'd be quite interested to hear your thoughts on The Wolf Among Us. I think it's my second favourite Telltale game after the original Walking Dead.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Jun 15, '15, 4:46 pm

Oh yeah, I figured it would be separate to the other games, given it's based on a comic character and the other games are not. Still, I'm probably more interested in playing the second game than this. I do enjoy the Walking Dead comics but I got more attached to the characters in the first game.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 15, '15, 4:53 pm

Yeah, I get that about being attached to the characters. Coming off of the original game I was really excited to see how Clementine was getting on. Without going into specifics I think the best thing the game does is turning your mindset from the first game on its head by putting you in her shoes. In the first game my first instinct without fail was to protect Clem, and she had a very defined character. In the second game you're put in control and have to compromise between being true to her principles and your enduring instinct to protect her. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on that game, too!

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby prophet » Jun 16, '15, 10:19 am

I love Telltale and I love their Walking Dead series, plus I love Michonne so I'm excited for this!

Question: did they mention anything about when to expect a Season 3? I miss Clem :(

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 16, '15, 11:05 am

prophet wrote:I love Telltale and I love their Walking Dead series, plus I love Michonne so I'm excited for this!

Question: did they mention anything about when to expect a Season 3? I miss Clem :(

Not as far as I know. With this, Game of Thrones, Tales From The Borderlands and Minecraft Story Mode I think they're a bit busy. :lol

It will happen, it'll probably be a year or so away, though.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby JPG619 » Jun 18, '15, 4:02 pm

Cool i wonder how she going to be used in Season 3 that if she carried over. Who knows she might end up finding Clementine and or Kenny/Jane and join the group

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby Kreashko » Jun 26, '16, 12:38 pm

Has anyone played this yet? It looks meh.

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 26, '16, 12:40 pm

Kreashko wrote:Has anyone played this yet? It looks meh.

It is.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Kreashko » Feb 04, '17, 7:44 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:
Kreashko wrote:Has anyone played this yet? It looks meh.

It is.

I got it a few weeks back and it was...ok. I wish there was more to her story though.

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Return to Gaming and Technology