It is currently: Apr 20, '24, 6:59 am

Any Elder Scrolls fanboys here?

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

Any Elder Scrolls fanboys here?

Postby Locke » Apr 11, '14, 9:16 pm

Am I the only guy around here that bought his very first video card for Morrowind in 1998? Or the only guy that has followed Elder Scrolls since?

There's a lot of hufflepuff going around about whether Elder Scrolls Online is shit or if it's good.
I'm here to address Elder Scrolls fans. Not everyone knows what Elder Scrolls is, so I'll explain it with three titles in a big font:

Morrowind
Oblivion
Skyrim

Elder Scrolls Online takes all three of these games and somehow makes it an MMO. There are a lot of reviews out there, many of them negative because it's an MMO unlike WoW, EQ, SWOR, or any other popular MMO's you can think of.

All of that being said, any Elder Scrolls fan is really missing out if they don't try this amazing game out.

I'm going to try to post a compendium of screens at some point, but I'll do that in Tim's thread about game screenies. Until then, it's worth every penny to pick this game up and play it for the 30 day free trial before paying 14.99 a month for it. After that? It's still worth it. You can pay 14.99 a month or two here and there for a year, or you can buy some shit game for 59.99 a month every month until you realize that these games they sell for that much don't last. Elder Scrolls is going to last for years and years. A-MUH-ZING GAME.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 137

Re: Any Elder Scrolls fanboys here?

Postby Gunn Deamon » Apr 14, '14, 10:20 am

Ok..Locke I'll Bite..Just don't do a Bryan on me....

I'm a fan of Elder Scrolls Yes...Love the concept of how immerse the game is and with a PC and Modding how more Immerse it can become...That said ESO is no Elder Scrolls...It indeed is nothing more than any other MMO with the Lore and Races of Elder Scrolls added to it. They have even from what I've seen in streams added Classes that never existed in a Game that allowed you to build your character to your desire with special attack abilities seen in other MMOs...You know Hot Key abilities.

Don't get me wrong Bro..I love the Idea of Immersing myself in a game Like Elder Scrolls with the added Bonus of doing it with Friends...But ESO falls short of that...sorry man...this game ESO is nothing more than another MMO cash cow...

Gunn Deamon None specified
Gym Rat
Gym Rat

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 8

Postby Settee » Apr 14, '14, 10:25 am

Elder scrolls is fucking awesome. I love the game play style, which is why two of my top 5 game series are Elder Scrolls and Fallout. Great storylines and the most emersive open world gaming has to offer. I love Elder scrolls.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby ChrisCrossed » Apr 14, '14, 11:53 am

I loved Oblivion and Skyrim...not sure about the online one though.

ChrisCrossed Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 9

Postby Locke » Apr 14, '14, 12:29 pm

Gunn Deamon wrote:Ok..Locke I'll Bite..Just don't do a Bryan on me....

I'm a fan of Elder Scrolls Yes...Love the concept of how immerse the game is and with a PC and Modding how more Immerse it can become...That said ESO is no Elder Scrolls...It indeed is nothing more than any other MMO with the Lore and Races of Elder Scrolls added to it. They have even from what I've seen in streams added Classes that never existed in a Game that allowed you to build your character to your desire with special attack abilities seen in other MMOs...You know Hot Key abilities.

Don't get me wrong Bro..I love the Idea of Immersing myself in a game Like Elder Scrolls with the added Bonus of doing it with Friends...But ESO falls short of that...sorry man...this game ESO is nothing more than another MMO cash cow...

I'm calling bullshit. You haven't even fucking played it. :lol To say ESO is unlike Elder Scrolls and like any other MMO is just fucking completely talking out of your ass. :jerk It plays and feels more like Skyrim than the other Elder Scrolls, but the combat is actually better because there's things you can do other than left and right clicking.

If you're getting all of your information from "Let's Play" videos on YouTube, then you have no idea what you're talking about, simply put. I thought the same thing seeing the videos but I was actually given the game as a birthday gift and completely taken by surprise how awesome it is, and I'd wager I'm the biggest Elder Scrolls fanboy that posts on this site.

Now, moving on from that subject, to the rest of you who don't care for online, you could always play like I play this game. I turn the chat UI off. Then it's like a single player game with really, really smart NPC's. I think I've logged 20 hours in this game just this weekend. Definitely a good 20 last weekend.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Apr 14, '14, 12:43 pm

I have zero experience with ESO yet so I can't fairly say anything about it. However, I'm a HUGE fan of Oblivion and Skyrim. Skyrim is one of my three or four favorite games of all time, I could play it over and over and never get sick of it. Next time Morrowind goes on sale on Steam I'll probably snatch it up also, but I wonder if I'll get the same enjoyment out of it now as people who played it when it first came out?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Gunn Deamon » Apr 14, '14, 1:27 pm

Locke wrote:
Gunn Deamon wrote:Ok..Locke I'll Bite..Just don't do a Bryan on me....

I'm calling bullshit. You haven't even fucking played it. :lol To say ESO is unlike Elder Scrolls and like any other MMO is just fucking completely talking out of your ass. :jerk It plays and feels more like Skyrim than the other Elder Scrolls, but the combat is actually better because there's things you can do other than left and right clicking.

If you're getting all of your information from "Let's Play" videos on YouTube, then you have no idea what you're talking about, simply put. I thought the same thing seeing the videos but I was actually given the game as a birthday gift and completely taken by surprise how awesome it is, and I'd wager I'm the biggest Elder Scrolls fanboy that posts on this site.

Now, moving on from that subject, to the rest of you who don't care for online, you could always play like I play this game. I turn the chat UI off. Then it's like a single player game with really, really smart NPC's. I think I've logged 20 hours in this game just this weekend. Definitely a good 20 last weekend.

Ahh that's where you're wrong Bro...I watch it on twitch, My best Friend plays it...also I Beta tested as well so I have played and My conclusion remains the same..It's an MMO..Nothing more Nothing Less, also I Play Skyrim..sooooo..no it doesn't. It just has elements from it.

Gunn Deamon None specified
Gym Rat
Gym Rat

Topics: 8

Postby Locke » Apr 14, '14, 4:02 pm

I was also a beta participant, this is not the beta and it's completely different. Also, watching people play on Twitch is not playing the game. Just like watching people play Skyrim online is completely shit (for me) because people don't do or act in ways that I would act playing a game. Most online snips I see are heavily group involved combat and high groups of people PVPing, neither of which I have done much of in game because you can play the game by yourself and it plays like an Elder Scrolls game.

Of course, it's still an MMO at it's very core. It was never designed to be as good as a single Elder Scrolls Series game and it will never be that. It's still a very large, elaborate, different style game, with extremely vast amounts of inspiration from every Elder Scrolls game in the series. It has the same voice actors and music creators, the same lore, and it uses Skyrim's combat system mixed with a hotkey system (1-5+R) which feels much more fluid and entertaining than Skyrim's vanilla combat, and much more entertaining than any other MMO ever created. The combat is as night and day different from something like "WoW" as you can get.

Again, you haven't played the game, and your only arguments against it are basically that "You've played Skyrim and it's not Skyrim." Sorry, but your arguments are complete rubbish and until you've picked the game up and played it, your opinion on the matter is pretty uneducated and laughable at best. Cheers.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Chewy » Apr 16, '14, 11:37 pm

It's only on next gen isn't it?

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 17, '14, 7:16 am

I LOVE the Elder Scrolls games but I hate MMOs. I feel like if you don't get the game the day it comes out you are at a huge disadvantage. Hell even if you can't devote the hours others do to it you are screwed.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Birthday

Postby Kreashko » Jun 26, '16, 12:06 pm

The only one I've invested some time into is Morrowind. Original Xbox. Classic.

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Return to Gaming and Technology