It is currently: May 17, '24, 8:19 pm

Dark Souls II

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

Dark Souls II

Postby Kein » Mar 18, '14, 6:38 pm

Who has it or who is going to get it? Locke knows I like this franchise but he's a hater and ran away from the challenge >:D

I got this game for the PS3 and I will also be getting it for PC. I got it for PS3 cause I mostly wanted the collectors edition, but most of my friends are waiting for the PC version so that's where the real party starts.

Anyone have any questions or thoughts on the game at all? I have pretty much fully immersed myself in this world so post stuff!

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 15

Re: Dark Souls II

Postby prophet » Mar 18, '14, 6:49 pm

Honestly I saw an advert for it today for the first time and it looked interesting but I've no idea what it's about. Anything I should know?

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby SlightlyJames » Mar 19, '14, 12:06 pm

I still haven't beaten Dark Souls yet...

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Kein » Mar 19, '14, 6:44 pm

If you like old school games that are a bit more about timing and learning than bosses with a ton of HP and cheap gimmicks to make them hard I would recommend Dark Souls. It is a game known to be hard, its tag original tagline was "Prepare to die" so deaths are very common in the game.

Its a game you can play any style you like, ie caster, strength melee, fast dexterity, etc. You build your attributes the way you want and you wear whatever gear you like for your defenses. There is also weight limits and such so there is a lot of thinking and balancing to the game.

Can be creepy, only boss fights generally have music, but thats a good thing because in most areas you really want to keep your wits about you, listen for foot steps and monsters groaning etc.

Check some videos out, but I truly enjoy this game, it brings me back to my younger days.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author
Topics: 15

Return to Gaming and Technology