It is currently: May 18, '24, 10:13 pm

Dumbest Article I've read in a long time

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

Dumbest Article I've read in a long time

Postby Georgerv » Mar 17, '14, 7:04 pm

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/03/17/g ... -says-devs

An article in which two developers, one from Riot and one from Microsoft claim Plot isn't important in videogames. Claim that only a third of gamers even finish stories.

Just ignorant shit right here

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 42

Re: Dumbest Article I've read in a long time

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 17, '14, 7:07 pm

Didn't read it yet, but given that Call of Duty sells a shit-ton of games, the majority of which are to people who just play the multiplayer, they may have more a point than you think.

Look at Titanfall. One of the most anticipated games of Next Gen, and it doesn't even have a single player story mode. And it's expected to sell like crazy.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby Georgerv » Mar 17, '14, 7:13 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:Didn't read it yet, but given that Call of Duty sells a shit-ton of games, the majority of which are to people who just play the multiplayer, they may have more a point than you think.

Look at Titanfall. One of the most anticipated games of Next Gen, and it doesn't even have a single player story mode. And it's expected to sell like crazy.

You can't just pick two FPS's out as an entire argument for the videogame industry as a whole. I understand your point that they will sell well, but could you imagine the uproar if COD all of a sudden decided not to include a single player mode?

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author
Topics: 42

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 17, '14, 7:22 pm

Georgerv wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:Didn't read it yet, but given that Call of Duty sells a shit-ton of games, the majority of which are to people who just play the multiplayer, they may have more a point than you think.

You can't just pick two FPS's out as an entire argument for the videogame industry as a whole. I understand your point that they will sell well, but could you imagine the uproar if COD all of a sudden decided not to include a single player mode?

I'm not sure people would care that much to be honest. Sure some people would be upset, but by-in-large I don't think the mass of CoD players would let it stop them from getting it.

FPS's are the main type of game these guys must be talking about. Any game that isn't highly online multiplayer based pretty much has to have a single player option.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Mar 17, '14, 7:24 pm

Weren't GTA V and The Last of Us the most critically acclaimed games last year? They all involve a huge plot.

Even a sports game, NBA 2k14, is using plots. They are a little off on that one.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby Kyle » Mar 17, '14, 7:29 pm

For FPS where multiplayer is huge, yes. But not for single player games.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Return to Gaming and Technology