It is currently: Jun 03, '24, 1:50 pm

The Wolf Among Us

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

The Wolf Among Us

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 11, '13, 6:51 pm

So this game unlocked at some point earlier today I think, I had it preordered since I'm a Telltale fanboy. It's an adventure game based on the Fables Comic Books which I've never read but it's pretty easy to grasp the gist of, basically it takes place in an area of Manhattan called Fabletown where Fables, essentially fairy tale characters, live in secrecy. You play as Bigby Wolf, formerly the Big Bad Wolf, who is the Sheriff of Fabletown. I haven't completely grasped what the hell is going on yet but I'm enjoying the ride, there seems to be a lot of really good character design in the game, my current favourite is Toad. :P

Mechanically it plays pretty much like The Walking Dead, same control scheme and basic principles, there seems to be a higher prominence of fight scenes, there's a pretty beefy one right off the bat. Being the Sheriff, Bigby does a bit of investigating here and there, I played a little section just now where I was interrogating a guy while examining his house, catching him out in lies sort of Phoenix Wright style. It was pretty awesome. :lol

Only the first episode is out right now but I'm really enjoying it, I haven't heard a lot about this game in the gaming news, much less than you'd expect from the new game from the folks who made IMO the best game to come out last year. Definitely worth having a look at this one folks.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 275

Re: The Wolf Among Us

Postby Kyle » Oct 11, '13, 7:57 pm

It looks pretty good.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 7

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 11, '13, 8:42 pm

Just beat the first episode, gotta say I'm really looking forward to the next episode, pretty sure I caught some Sam & Max music in a bar scene just then. :lol Really good game, quite excited to see where the story goes, it seems from the choices that I had in the game it could branch quite a bit.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby JDD » Oct 11, '13, 8:49 pm

I could not get into the Walking Dead game for the same reason i dont like the Quantic Dream games. I just see them as giant quick time events. This one looks like it could be alright, but these type of games just dont interest me.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 11, '13, 8:55 pm

jdd123 wrote:I could not get into the Walking Dead game for the same reason i dont like the Quantic Dream games. I just see them as giant quick time events. This one looks like it could be alright, but these type of games just dont interest me.

If you don't like that style of game you probably won't like this. The core gameplay is the same only the "panic moments" of TWD are replaced by brawling. It's still a QTE though.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Oct 12, '13, 3:28 am

Wait, what system is this for? How do you play it? I MUST KNOW.

Myself and my partner are big fans of the graphic novels so playing a game based on them would be fun.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby xgamr » Oct 12, '13, 5:49 am

Hanley! wrote:Wait, what system is this for? How do you play it? I MUST KNOW.

Myself and my partner are big fans of the graphic novels so playing a game based on them would be fun.

I saw something on XBL yesterday saying play the first episode for free.

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby JDD » Oct 12, '13, 7:34 am

xgamr wrote:

I saw something on XBL yesterday saying play the first episode for free.

Its on pc also. And will be on psn in a few day so what ever console you have, you should be covered.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 12, '13, 9:03 am

I played it on PC off of Steam, it was 10% off pre-release but it's now back to

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Oct 12, '13, 9:33 am

I don't have Steam, but it sounds like I should be able to get it on Xbox live. Must try that out soon. I was a fan of the Walking Dead game too, so this could be a good match for me.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Oct 12, '13, 10:15 am

Hanley! wrote:I don't have Steam.

It's free!! http://www.steampowered.com. Go get it dude.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby SlightlyJames » Dec 11, '13, 11:04 am

Episode 2 is taking so long to come out! Supposedly it should be out next month but damn, I hope they don't all have 3 month gaps between one another.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Kreashko » Jun 26, '16, 11:30 am

I own this game but have only ever played the first episode. Is it worth playing through the whole thing?

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Return to Gaming and Technology