It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 2:22 pm

Middle Earth: Shadow of War

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

Middle Earth: Shadow of War

Postby KaiserGlider » May 05, '17, 11:31 pm

I didn't find out about this game until today - the sequel to 2014's Shadow of Mordor - but I figured I'd start the hype here since I know the original game had a lot of fans on this forum.

Looks like you'll have more control of an actual army and lay siege to strongholds, and then build up their fortifications once you've taken over. It also seems like you can travel to more and bigger fortresses, maybe even Minas Tirith. All in all the locations look a lot more varied than they did in the original game, which is really nice. And holy fuck, there's gonna be dragons and balrogs!? This looks incredible.

Last edited by KaiserGlider on May 06, '17, 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Middle Earth: Shadow of War

Postby SlightlyJames » May 06, '17, 3:19 am

I've known about this one since it was announced but for whatever reason I keep forgetting about it. Seems like it's going to be the type of game I just ignore until it's in my hands. Expect it'll probably be good, original one was just a Batman game that was better than actual Batman games and it's hard for that not to be at least pretty fuckin good.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby Everlong » May 06, '17, 5:32 am

I didn't know about this either!!! Officially hyped!

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » May 06, '17, 7:12 am

I just got Shadow of Mordor like a couple weeks ago and had no idea about it either. I'm enjoying Shadow of Mordor though so I'll probably pick this up at some point.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby SlightlyJames » May 06, '17, 7:32 am

I remember everyone thinking the original one was going to be trash because WB made a complete arse of the marketing. They were refusing to let any review outlets have the game pre-release unless they signed some shit saying they weren't allowed to point out anything they didn't like. It was super fuckin scummy and everyone assumed it was because the game must be shite, then it came out and everyone loved it and we were left wondering why WB decided to try fucking with the reviews of the game.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Return to Gaming and Technology