It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 8:35 am

I've joined the New Era of Consoles!

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

I've joined the New Era of Consoles!

Postby Str8Shooter » Dec 28, '16, 6:01 pm

Yes that's right, after much talk I have jumped in with both feet as I was fortunate enough to receive an XBox One S from my parents for Christmas!

It came with Battlefield 1 and I also got Dishonored 2. I just ordered both Arkham Knight and Rise of the Tomb Raider on boxing week deals. I might pick up another game before the sales end too.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Re: I've joined the New Era of Consoles!

Postby War Daddy » Dec 28, '16, 6:19 pm

Im SwoleGamingBro if ya wanna add me.

I play Dying Light:Enhanced Edition, Gears 4, and Madden 17.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 122

Postby Hanley! » Dec 28, '16, 6:27 pm

I'd recommend Dishonored 2. I just finished it, and it was a lot of fun. Story was a bit convoluted, which prevented it from being as good as the first game, but it's still very good.

I'm looking forward to starting the Witcher 3 soon. Most of the other games that I've bought for the PS4 are Playstation exclusives though (weird that this is still a thing).

Hope you enjoy the new system anyway!

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Dec 29, '16, 9:25 am

Hanley! wrote:Story was a bit convoluted, which prevented it from being as good as the first game, but it's still very good.

I sort of felt the same about the first game too... I never really fully understood the story, haha. But with both of the games the story kind of took a backseat to gameplay for me anyway. I did the sneaky route the first time around, looking forward to doing a high chaos mode next time!

Brett, if you like racing games I'd also recommend Forza Horizon 3. I got that over Black Friday and have been playing it a bunch lately, it's a blast.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Dec 30, '16, 5:43 am

Everlong wrote:I sort of felt the same about the first game too... I never really fully understood the story, haha.

There were some good ideas there, but just no connective tissue to link them all together. Half the time, I didn't really know the reason my character was being given a particular mission until at least half way through the mission itself. Like the objectives of the mission would be pretty clear, but they often seemed to be based on massive assumptions by the protagonists of the game, or on pieces of information that should have been communicated to the player earlier.

Maybe this was intended as a response to the criticism that the story from the first game was too simple, but honestly I never understood that criticism at the time. I have no problem whatsoever with video games having a cool, basic story that's easy to follow and react to.

Gameplay for Dishonored 2 is awesome though and that's the important thing. The world and the enemies are great too. Though I don't think there's anything quite as cool as the Whalers (Doud's assassins) from the first game.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to Gaming and Technology