It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 10:15 am

Does anyone still play Pokemon Go?

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

Does anyone still play Pokemon Go?

Postby PorkChop » Oct 28, '16, 12:49 pm

It seems to be that Pokemon Go was a massive flash in the pan. As soon as it came out people were raving about it, the streets were full of people trying to catch things and loads of people were buying new phones purely to play the game.

Now, I don't think there's a single person I know who plays it. I haven't seen anyone out in public playing it for months, and all my friends have abandoned the game. It only came out in June and it seems to have gotten old, fast.

Do any of you guys still play it? If not, why did you quit?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Does anyone still play Pokemon Go?

Postby Twister » Oct 28, '16, 12:59 pm

I dabble every now and then but not nearly as much as when it first came out. I tend to have it running in my pocket when I'm walking somewhere to hatch my eggs.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 56

Postby HFX » Oct 28, '16, 1:13 pm

I stopped playing it back in August when I spent 20-30 minutes looking for a Squirtle and it just disappeared without me ever finding it. I was already drifting away because I only played it in my neighborhood and wasn't finding anything new. It was a cool concept and I enjoyed it but it did get old fast and they didn't adapt it to keep people involved and invested. Plus they made tracking and finding Pokemon as much of a bitch as they possibly could which I know turned other people away. At the end of the day I'd much rather just play a Pokemon game on my 3DS.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby KaiserGlider » Oct 28, '16, 7:57 pm

HFX wrote: At the end of the day I'd much rather just play a Pokemon game on my 3DS.

Speaking of which, the Sun and Moon demo is apparently out in the Nintendo E-Shop now, with the full games coming out in a few weeks.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 29, '16, 12:38 pm

Never played it but yes, but 2/3 months ago it was THE thing to play and even around work, you'd see groups of kids with phones out walking in a nearby park but recently, zilch. Certainly not hearing any reports of phones being robbed etc.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Everlong » Oct 30, '16, 5:16 pm

Yeah it really seems like they failed to keep the hype going because they never added new content to the game. It was a lotof fun at first and had a lot of potential, but it just stayed static.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Return to Gaming and Technology